Moving Out

continued

6:30 PM

Tori sifted through mounds of boxes containing diapers and wipes, doing her best to shove them in the corners of her small room. With her due date up in the air, because of the twins, she and André decided to stay at her parents house, because they sort of forced them, and it's closer to the doctors. That meant her family of four went from an apartment to a room. And it was crowded already.

Tori dropped to the floor before André's duffel bag taking out his dirty clothes. Knowing that she wasn't going to get the chance to go home to wash their clothes anytime soon, Tori decided to knock out a load. As she shook out his shorts and t-shirts, throwing them into a pile next to her, a golden wrapper flew from one of the pockets on his basketball shorts. "What the—" Tori whispered.

Why would he need one of these? We haven't done anything since December. And we had no prospects of doing anything after we got back. I— I don't wanna deal with this. But if he's steeping out on me, I should know just in case. Right? But, he'd never cheat on me. He never had in the past. But we aren't sleeping together and he might try to get his fix from somewhere else. No! Stop. Dré is not cheating on you.

Tori cleared her head. She had no reason to doubt André. He hadn't done anything to void her trust. The mom-to-be chalked the condom up to the fact that he probably hadn't washed the shorts in a long time. So, she threw it back into his bag and continued to sort the clothes.

After cleaning up the decorations, André was beat. He handed the last of the banners and streamers to Laura before heading down to Tori's room. He did his best to come in to see Tori pushing his empty bag to the side and getting up. "You need help? I can take that to the laundry if you wanna get in the bed," André suggested, grabbing a few pieces from the pile. Tori shook her head and grabbed the rest of the clothes.

"It's fine, I've got it. You can pack all off those boxes into the closet so we can actually walk in here," Tori said, moving around her boyfriend. The twenty-three-year-old glanced to the seven huge boxes of premie and newborn diapers. That was the "ticket" to get into the door if the party, since they needed twice as many. They didn't, however, account for how many people were coming. With both of their friends and family there was at least 35 people. That meant a lot of diapers and wipes. Grateful, they were. Although, surprised seemed to be a bit more accurate.

7:15 PM

The house had finally cleared out and everyone was settling back into their normal routines. Tori and André sat at the kitchen table house hunting. Noah and Allwyn watched a college football game. And Laura cooked dinner for her family. There wasn't much to do it. It was a Thursday and the only person who had to go to work was Laura. André couldn't get his gym job with Allwyn until he was out of the boot. Allwyn's shoulder was out of commission for another month. And Tori was on a writing hiatus while she waited for her album to drop. Which meant a lot of free time for everyone, except the one who needed it the most.

"Tori, a huge box showed up this morning with your name on it. I put it in the guest room. What was it?" Laura asked. Tori fought through her pregnancy brain to remember what she'd bought.

"Oh," she smiled. "It's Judah's crib," Tori simply replied. André's eyebrow rose. "What?"

"You already bought a crib? We don't even have a house," he stressed. Tori shrugged, continuing to scroll through the listings the realtor sent over.

"The twins are coming whether we have a house or not. Which means we have to be prepared to live here for the first couple of months with them," Tori said, catching her fathers attention.