Done So Well

Four Months Later

1:15 AM

Planes hummed. People rushed. America. Tori and André, as best he could, stood back on American soil, well American concrete, waiting for Mama Kelly to pick them up. Most of their things were waiting for them at the old apartment, so they only had the suitcases they left with.

André watched Tori bite at her nails, nervous to see her mother in person for the first time in four months. "Baby, you're gonna bleed. Relax," André tried. Tori dropped her right hand and slid it into the pocket of her oversized hoodie.

"Where is she? It's cold," Tori slightly shivered through the cold April morning. André glanced down to his cold girlfriend and pulled her to the cement half column he was leaning on, then wrapped his warm arms around her.

"Baby," he called again, "calm down," he warned. Tori nodded and laid her head back into his chest.

"I'm trying, but it's cold and I'm ready to go to bed," Tori grumbled, knocking André off as her mom pulled up.

"Hey, guys," Laura beamed, excited to have her daughter back home, ignoring her soon to be son-in-law's crutches. André took the suitcases as Tori slid in the front.

"Hi, momma," Tori sighed, hugging her mom over the middle console and pecking her cheek. The two let go as André got in the back, but came around the seat and pecked Laura's cheek as well.

"Hey, mom," André greeted.

"Hi, baby. So, tell me all about your trip," Laura started as she pulled off into the almost nonexistent traffic towards her home. Tori groaned, lying back in the passenger's seat as André went into unnecessary detail about the time they'd had and his accident.

2 AM

Laura led the gang into her house, but before they could depart towards the bedrooms they were each handed a plastic cup. "Mom," Tori griped, ready to go lie down. André didn't want to be apart of the revolution and decided to just hobble to the bathroom.

"Don't mom me. You know the rules. I'm glad you had an amazing time across the sea and I'm sorry your boyfriend is injured, but that doesn't change the fact that our deal still stands," Laura said, taking Tori to her bathroom.

As they passed through, Tori noticed that her dad wasn't in the bed. "What's up with that?" Tori asked. Laura shook her head and pushed them into the master en-suite.

"He and your brother decided to take a fishing trip and are sleeping in the RV tonight. They should be back sometime this afternoon," Laura answered, taking her place on the edge of the tub as Tori headed into the same secluded toilet as always.

Laura stood in front of the cups about to get the test started. "Before I do this, is there anything you want to tell me?" She asked looking between the young adults. André threw Tori a look, to which she slightly shook her head before her mom set her eyes on her. "Okay," Laura hummed, dipping the droppers in and beginning.

Tori watched André's drug test in suspense, not even paying attention to her own. She knew that he'd definitely smoked before getting in the plane to calm his nerves. Therefore she was sure that he wasn't clean.

While Tori was watching André's test, Laura was watching Tori's. The nurse could tell her daughter was acting weird. Jumpy, even. And was sure some type of drug had something to do with it. She watched the drug test come back negative on all accounts for Tori which relieved her, but André wasn't so lucky. "What was it?" Laura asked. André slumped into the seat and pulled a baggie of two more joints out of his pocket.