Telling Daddy

continued

9:12 AM

Allwyn and Noah Kelly stumbled into the house, dropping their fishing gear by the door to see the family sitting at the kitchen table. "What's up, G!" Noah smiled, running to the table to dap up André and hugging his sister. Tori grimaced at the smell of her brother as she pulled away.

"Boy, is the shower in the RV broken," she gagged, pushing her brother away. Noah sniffed himself and shrugged.

"There is no shower in nature!" He chanted. Laura could see that her son's stench was majorly bothered Tori, and definitely did not want her to get sick.

"Noah, nature's over, honey. Hit the showers," she demanded as Allwyn came over, smelling way better, and pecking his wife's lips.

"I tried, he refused," Allwyn said, kissing his daughter's head and dapping up André. "How is everyone? I assume you guys passed your test," he started. Laura hummed. She was holding Tori's pregnancy test under the table, in case Allwyn didn't believe them.

"André didn't, but it's to be expected with his pain meds," Laura covered. There was already too much going on without adding André's weed on top of that. Allwyn nodded, sort of already expecting that since André tore his achilles and just had surgery a week prior to leaving Germany. "But that's not all," Laura led, kicking the ball to Tori. Allwyn stared around the table, waiting in anticipation.

"Daddy," Tori started. Allwyn immediately started to shake his head. "You don't even know what I'm going to say!" Tori quickly added. Allwyn started to get up, but Laura quickly used her free hand to pull him back down.

"Listen," Laura demanded. Allwyn slumped back in his seat and folded his arms.

"I'm listening," he muttered.

"Before you go off the rails, we did not have sex in Germany. Not once. Which should say something," Tori commended. Allwyn started to perk up a bit, happy that the kids stuck to their end of the deal. "But," Tori disrupted, "I was already pregnant when we left," she further wrecked. Disappointment started to set in Allwyn's mind, not even wanting to hear the rest of the story, but going to give his daughter the decent courtesy of allowing her to finish. "I didn't know until I left, but I didn't want to tell you guys over the phone. And to prove that this child wasn't conceived in Germany, I'm 14 weeks. Which two weeks longer than we were in Germany," Tori said, hoping her father wouldn't do math further than that. But, as meticulous as he was, Allwyn had to.

"Two weeks before you left, you were living here. You're telling me that this child was conceived under my roof?" He asked. Tori bit her lip and nodded.

"It was only one time. We didn't think anything would happen. Nothing happened before with him. So I—" Tori was stoped when her father held his hand up.

"Victoria, you just keep hopping from one thing to another. And I want nothing more than to hop across this table and show Shaq, here, what real pain is. But, I won't," Allwyn restrained. "I appreciate your honesty. Now get up out of here so I can talk to your mother," he calmly dismissed. Tori was more than shocked that her father didn't yell or freak out. She got a bigger reaction from her mom which she was not expecting.

The young couple had moved from the table and headed to the patio out back to get some fresh air. Tori went to speak when André's phone went off. It was his mother. "Hey, mom," André answered putting his phone on speaker and setting it between them on the table.

"Hey, honey. Are you and Tori back yet? We can't wait to meet her and hear whatever you have to tell us. Your text sounded urgent is everything okay?" Vera asked. André quickly put his phone on mute as Tori gasped.