Chapter 12

Congrats to AllyssaGill23 who guessed it right

"AKD!" Avni murmured. "It stands for Ashish, Ketan and Diksha".
"Matlab?" asked Neil
Avni then grabbed the folders that Prakash previously gave her and showed them to Neil.
"Look Neil, these are the reports of the companies that worked with uncle's company. And if you look carefully here, DVM Industries had a loss in 2015 and then got better within two months. This means that AKD is a sub company of DVM industries that Dayavanti Mehta started again to help with the loss".
"Are you sure that AKD is hers?"
"Yes Neil because Ashish, Ketan and Diksha are her children and I'm damn sure that's why your family company is becoming fraud. Because if DVM can make a sub company than she's probably cheating off the people as well. DVM Industries makes fabric but Diksha aunty doesn't use her family company for her models and clothes. Do you know what that means?"
"People are accusing Dad company of fraud because of the fiber they are wearing and Diksha knows which is why she's doesn't use it".
"Exactly Neil! The company AKD is ran to supply drugs and I'm sure that they do something to the girls because a lot of the girls were the one who got drugged and according to the academic report some didn't even come to school".
Neil meanwhile became shocked at his Ajooba. He was amazed at how she figured out this case.
"Neil!" She shrieked.
He shook his head. "Woh sorry, I was thinking about something".
Avni shook her head cutely which made Neil's heartbeat rise more!
"Anyway, we need to talk to the commissioner sir right away about this and see what we can do to gather evidence".
Neil nodded and both went to the sir and told him about their discovery
"Miss Verma, as much as I will like to believe you, I cannot come to terms that a person like Dayavanti Mehta can commit a crime like this".
"But sir! Here's the propf!" She exclaimed
The commissioner shook his head. "A person like Dayaji is a humble citizen who contributes to the community. Why would she do this"

Avni then started fuming. Flashes of her past came in mind. She slammed the table as others looked in surprise.
"You know what sir?! This is the problem with police! You guys are always influenced by the rich. Just because someone is rich means that they can do no wrong right? Well sir if you believe this then I'm sorry but I cannot work here at all! I was really hoping that the police station had changed since I left but it unfortunately it did not!" With that she left storming the out of the station.

Once she was out, she found a bench and started crying. She kept crying thinking about the past and then it started to rain.  The rain was a perfect excuse for her to hide her sorrows and tears. She sat there for a few minutes crying.  She then felt a hand and an umbrella on her shoulder. She looked up to see Neil.

"Ananya, please come inside. It's raining heavily and you will get a cold".
"Look Mr Tillu, I don't want to go back to the police station. Especially if they are going to act this way. Leave me alone".

Neil groaned at the mention of Tillu but allowed it looking at her state of mind.
"Hey look! The commissioner changed his mind. We are allowed to investigate Dayavanti Mehta house".
"But how did he change his mind?"
"We'll think about that later but right now let's go ok?"

Avni got up and started shivering. Neil took off his jacket and put it on her and covered both with the umbrella.  They then walked to the station
At the station, the commissioner apologized.
"Sorry Ms Verma! We should've taken into thought on what you needed to say. I will allow you and Neil to investigate Dayavanti Mehta but if I don't get a report in 3 weeks then I'm afraid that we will have to find another investigator".
"Sir is that even needed! Miss Ananya is a great investigator and I don't think it's fair for you to do that!"
"Look Neil! I need to solve this case and I will hire anyone to solve this"
"Don't worry sir! I will solve this. I promise" said Avni.
"Hmm" he then left.
Neil then dropped Ananya to her house where she was witnessing something shocking
It was Riya with flour all over her face and her hair. She then started laughing while Riya looked annoyed.
"Oye Avu don't laugh naa! I'm trying to cook and you are laughing at my attempts" she huffed.
"Riya, who told you to cook haan? You know what happened the last time you cooked? You almost set the apartment on fire!"

Riya scowled and poured some flour on Avni. Avni retorted back and poured some back on her. This went on for a while until Nanu came where they Accidentally spilled more on Nanu.
"Bachas what is this huh?" He asked sternly. Riya and Avni nodded there heads down.
"If we were going to play Holi then why didn't you call me? Now let's Holi" he said throwing the flour at them.
They continued their Holi for another five minutes until Avni said enough.
"Ok now Riya tell me and Avni what happenddd " said Nanu.
She then told them about the competition with Mithali and how she was not able to eat at Chamko if she lost.
"Oh ho Riya, why did you make that bet huh? You know your cooking skills".

"Yaar Avu I did that on impulse. I didn't mean to do it. But that Mithali! She just got on my nerves!".
"Bacha don't worry! I have the perfect recipe" said Nanu. He then gave her a paper with writing on it.
"Maa's recipe!" She cried. "It was her favourite" he said.
Riya then hugged Nanu and Avni while all three cried.

At the Khanna Mansion, Ali was laying on his bed dreamily thinking about Today's events. "I keep thinking about this girl! Why am I doing this?" He thought.  "And Kabir! Though he can be a monkey, I feel connected to him". Neil walked by Ali room and joined him on the bed

"What are you thinking about?" He asked. Ali then told him about what happened today. Neil chuckled. "You know something happened today at the station as well".  He then told Ali about commissioner sir and Avni.
"I had told the commissioner sir that he was wrong and he should've considered Ananyas view. I then threatened him to quit if he didn't consider which he then did!"

"Yaar what are these girl doing to us?" "I don't know but each day I'm feeling connected". "Me too bro! Me too"

Precap: Cooking competition