Chapter 27

The kids got the venue ready and headed home to get ready. Riya was helping Avni on getting ready but Avni being herself was acting fidgety.

Riya: Avu! Stop acting fidgety!

Avni: Yaar, Riya you know I don't like getting ready and all that

Riya: Avni! You promised Juhi remember?

Avni: That's true. Ok go on, do my make up

Riya: That's my girl

After getting ready, they headed to the venue where they got ready to start eh function

However as they were heading inside, they found unexpected guests waiting at the entrance

At the entrance, was the Mehta Clan standing with gifts talking to the guard.

Guard: I am sorry Mam but your name is not here

DVM: Oh no there might be a mistake, the Pandit family knows me well. I know Ragini Pandit personally.

Avni motioned Neela Maa, Nanu and Nani to hide in the car until the Mehta clan doesn't leave and sent a quick text to Vidyut informing him on what happened.

Riya approached the guard and he let her in which was seen by Diksha. Meanwhile the Khanna boys were standing there inside the house watching the scenario. Shweta and Bebe was with them as well

Diksha: Excuse me! You will allow that low class girl in but not us.

Riya: For your information, Mrs. Saxena, this my best friend's engagement.

Diksha: Wow first you had an affair with Ali and now you are having it with the groom. No wonder you are low class.

Riya was about to say something but Avni stopped her signalling her to be quiet. And Ali was about to pounce but Neil stopped him.

Avni: Woh kya hai na Mrs. Saxena, its your narrow minded thinking that caused you thinking that any friendship with guys means affair right? You believe that what low class girls are. But for your information, no woman is low class and it is your narrow minded thinking is what defames girls. So do us a favour and before judging any girl, change your thinking. Just because me and my sister are friends with guys doesn't mean we have any affairs.

Diksha: Eh Ladki who do you think you are?

Avni: I am just correcting you as I cannot stand against anything my sister

Ashish: Don't you think you are saying a bit too much?

Avni: I wish I didn't have to say all this but what can I do? Sometimes we need to shut up the mouths of those who speak a bit too much.

DVM: Eh shut up both of you! And Diksha why do you have to say all that rubbish huh? You have ruined our chance to get into a sangeet with Pandit family and maintain business relations. You know how important it is.

She then turned to Avni who was waiting for Vidyut.

DVM: Woh beta, do you think you could get a word in and let us in. It's important for us.

Avni: What do you mean

DVM: You know, this is a business relation and its important for us to get this.

Avni couldn't believe this, this was a event for importance for her two best friends and all DVM cared was about business

Avni: Woh..

Vidyut then just came: Any problem

DVM: Hello Beta how are you? Congrats on your sangeet.

Vidyut: Thank you aunty and who are you?