Chapter 24

Meeting Ashish Khanna, gave Avni a bunch of feelings. She was feeling, confused, lost, hurt but most importantly she felt anger. She felt anger when she saw the man in front of her. He had a look of arrogance on him. The same look that she vowed to remove.

Neil looked at Avni who just stood still there. He gestured her to go ahead while he introduced himself to Ashsish, shaking his hand.

Neil: My name is Jasmeet Khurana, and this is my friend and boss, Ananya Verma.

Avni went forward and shook hands with Ashish and when she did, she felt a current in her hand.

Avni shook his hand a little strongly: Hello Mr. Mehta

Ashish: That's a strong handshake you've got there.

Avni: Thanks, my mom says it's important to have a strong handshake, especially for those we consider important.

Ashish being a little bragful: Oh I never knew that I was important.

Avni: You are for this job.

DVM: Beta why don't you sit down, and have some chai.

Avneil sat down but for Avni this was torture. The longer, she sat the more tormented she felt. She felt a gush of feelings coming in her. Looking at him reminded her of all the bad memories she had. She then started asking DVM a few questions but as she asked, she started to feel faint and started to stop breathing

Avni: Nei..l..... I ......can't.....breathe..

Neil meanwhile looked shocked. He immediately took Avni in his arm and instructed her to breathe.

Neil: Ananya.... Breathe...Breathe......

DVM: I'll call the doctor.

Neil: I think it's better if I go to the hospital. This seems urgent

Ashish Mehta: There's no need for that. One visit from Doctor, will get her fine and she then continue the interview

DVM: That's right

Neil looked shocked at their behaviour. Here someone was on the verge of dying, and they just cared about the interview

Neil: I'm sorry Mrs. Mehta but I am taking my friend to the hospital and we will continue this tomorrow.

Neil then carried Avni in his arms and took her to the hospital.

At the hospital, Neil was walking nervously back and forth while waiting for doctor. Then finally the doctor came out.

Neil: Doctor! How is my friend? Is she ok?

Doctor: Neil, she had a panic attack which is why she couldn't breathe and she had fainted for a bit. You can take her home but just make sure she takes rest.

Neil nodded and took Avni home. When reaching home, Neela opened the door and saw Avni in Neil's arm who was asleep.

Neela:Bacha! Kya hua isko?

Neil: WOh, Aunty she had a panic attack today. Let me put her down and I will tell you what happened.

Neela nodded and let Neil inside. After putting Avni in the room, he joined Nanu, Nani and Neela in the living room where they had coffee and snacks.

Neela: Beta tell me now what happened to my daughter.

Neil: WOh, aunty we met Dayavanti son, Ashish Mehta and after that she started to faint.

Neela then dropped the cup in her hand on the floor.

Neil: Aunty! What happened?

Nanu: It's all because of that Ashish Mehta! He ruined my family and daughters Riya and Avni. My poor granddaughters faced so much because of that bastard.