Chapter 30

Avni smirked: Of course Mrs. Mehta

DVM: Thank you, anyway I have a bunch of meetings that need to be scheduled and I need to prepare some presentations to help with the business relations and all.

Ashish: Maa are you we need her as an assistant? Look we can do all this ourselves

Avni: Are you doubting my skills

Ashish: I don't even know who you are and all

Avni: Ananya Verma and I am a University of London graduate. I am a journalist and I work for CBBC

Ashsish: Family? Whose in your family?

Avni: My mother, sister, brother and grandparents.

Ashish: Father?

Avni: Oh he's been gone for a long time. Hopefully he will come back..

DVM: Ashish stop with the interrogation. Ananya please let;s continue with the interview.

After the interview, Avni and Neil headed to the library and started working.  Avni was scheduling appointments while Neil looked at the files. While looking at the files, a picture fell out and he picked it up

Neil: Who is this?

Avni picked the picture out  of his hands and became shocked. It was a childhood picture of her and Aman. 

Avni: Yeh toh..

Ruhi who then came saw the picture in Avni hand: Yeh toh woh hai, my deceased cousins.

Avni: Wait what?

Ruhi: Maa told me that Ashish Mamu and Ketan Mamu wives and children died in an accident. Its too bad because I would have loved to meet them and play with them. I always been alone in terms of cousins. I just had Kareena by my side and thats it.

Avni: That's what Diksha Ma'am told you. That the kids and their mothers died in an accident.

Ruhi nodded: Yup and I have to say that my aunts are very beautiful. I saw a picture of them and both were stunning beauties.

Avni eyes misted at this. Her mother and aunt were indeed beautiful.

Ruhi: By the way di, I have to say that you look a lot like my aunt. You are beautiful like she is.

Neil in mind: Indeed she is.

Avni hugged Ruhi: Thank you. And you are also beautiful, like your mother

Ruhi shook her head no. 

Avni: What do you mean?

Ruhi: I look just like my father. I was Papa's princess. Me and Papa would spend all the time together before I was forcefully moved to Canada.

Avni: Where is he now?

Ruhi: I don't know. My mother said he just left but I have a feeling he will be back. And you know what Neil Bhaiya, he was Maddy Maa's and Prakash uncle's cousin. 

Neil eyes widened: Really? 

Ruhi: Maddy Maa said he was her mother's younger brother's son.

Avni: You never asked Maddy Maa on where he is right now?

Ruhi: She herself doesn't know

Avni: Don't worry, he will be back. 

Ruhi: Anyway di, I came here to thank you

Avni: For what?

Ruhi: Woh aaj when me and Kareena got to college, a few boys started to rag her because of her looks and one boy started asking her for her notes and all.