♧ Chapter 4: Naruto's Past ♧

Naruto POV:

Sasuke decided to take me home. The whole way we kept silent. It was weird. I don't understand, why he is being nice to me.
Why would anyone be nice to me?
I am really confused, yet so thankful. No one has been this nice to me, no one has ever stood up for me...is this what friendship is like?
Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted by the fact that we arrived.
At first I wasn't sure but I decided to invite Sasuke to come in.
He nodded and followed me inside the apartment.

Sasuke POV:

I was shocked about what I was seeing. His apartment was so small. It was dark, messy and dusty. Some cloths were laying around the room here and there. Even though I was surprised I didn't want to be rude so I kept an emotionless expression. What about his parents? This looks like an one person apartment.
"Hehe, sorry for the mess" he apologized scratching his head.
"Don't worry."
I think he followed my gaze because he basically answered my question.
"I live alone."
"Oh"
I debated whether to ask my next question or not.
"What about your parents?"
He hesitated.
"You don't have to answer if you don't want to." I added
We were sitting on his bed.
"It's fine, but first do you want some ...umm water ?"
"Nah."
"Oh well...um they were killed when I was one year old. I never got the chance to meet them."
I mentally cursed myself for asking something like this.
"I'm sorry."
"Don't be, it's not like it's your fault or anything." he tried to smile.
"Do you have any family?"
"Not really." he hesitated again like he was debating whether to trust me or not but then he went on.
"I was raised in an orphanage until I was 7. Then I got adopted by a family. A man and a woman around 28. They were drugs addicts. I lived with them for one year. They used to beat me up, starve me for days, made me beg on the streets...it was hell."
His voice started cracking. My heart hurt...I didn't know what to say.
''You don't have to continue if it's too painful."
He took a deep breath and continued
"At the age of 8 I was sent back to the orphanage. Also I was in the 2nd grade. This is when school became hell, too. I was bullied daily.
Then I got adopted again. Until I was 9 I lived with my new family, the husband was an alcoholic. He beat both me and his wife up. School was shit, home was shit, I had no friends. Everyone hated me.
Then one day that man beat his wife to death and I was sent to the hospital with broken ribs, several cuts and injuries."

He started shaking. I put an arm on his shoulder, trying to comfort him. What a sick bastard.
"After that I was sent to the orphanage again. I lived there for one more year, until I was 10. I was bullied at the orphanage, too. When I turned 10, I got this apartment and I started getting a certain amount of money every month...well very little money that is, but it's better then at the orphanage. I've been living alone ever since. I kept changing schools, because at every one of my schools I was getting bullied. Konoha High was my last hope and now...it's gone."
Tears started rolling down his face. I thought that no one shared a miserable life like me. This kid has been through hell and all alone. I at least had Itachi. I felt a tear escape my eye as I suddenly hugged the blonde. I could tell that he was taken by surprise a little, but he hugged me back. We stayed like that until his sobs turned into hiccups and he calmed down and pulled away.

"But yeah, no need to get so depressed. I have to still hope that one day, just one day it will get better. One day maybe my life will be happy. One day maybe I will have a friend and one day maybe I'll stop getting bullied. I'm so thankful to you, you're the first person who has ever acknowledged my presence and didn't view me as a monster. I can understand if you don't want to have anything to do with me after hearing my story..."
My eyes widen. I just couldn't believe my ears. He's been through bloody hell, yet he still believes in hope.
This world disgusts me...I hate it. It is so unfair. He never even had a fucking friend. What did he do to deserve this. This world must for sure be another world's hell.
"Dobe" I said
"What?" he questioned
"You're a dobe for thinking that I will hate you after this. Actually the fact that we share the same pain is what makes you in my eyes not indifferent like everyone else. How about I'll be your friend?"

...