♧ Chapter 19: You Matter More ♧

Naruto POV:

I slowly get out of bed while making sure that I would't wake Sasuke up. I exit the room and make my way downstairs, because I'm thirsty.
"Good morning, Naruto." Itachi greets me.
"Good morning, Itachi."
"Why are you up so early? It's Sunday..."
"I just came to fetch a glass of water. I plan on going back to sleep and you?"
"I have to leave right away. I won't be back too soon. I'm sorry, but you two will have to make breakfast and lunch and maybe even dinner alone. Is Sasuke still asleep?"
"Don't worry, dattebayo. Yeah, he is."
"Okay, then it's up to you to let him know when he wakes up."
"Okie doki."
"See you, later. Don't put the house on fire, alright?"
"Hehe, don't worry about us. Good luck at work." I said with a big smile. Itachi smiled back and then left.
I found myself in the kitchen, wondering what I wanted to do.

Hmmm...what was it again? Oh yeah...I wanted to drink some water. I fetched a glass of water and was about to make my way upstairs when the glass slipped out of my hand and shattered on the floor.
"Fuck..."
I looked at the shattered glass and suddenly recalled something:

When I was 11 years old, I was once wandering through the streets at night. Suddenly I noticed a guy in an empty alley. He was sitting on the floor, drinking alcohol. Then he threw the bottle to the ground and after it shattered he picked up one of the shards. He brought the shard to his wrist and started cutting himself. A smile appeared on his face while he did it. That left me really confused at first but then when I went home, I tried cutting myself, too and it did kind of do the trick. It helped me get rid of stress, but under no circumstances it made me happy. It made me feel more miserable, because the more time passed the more addicting it became.

No, I can't do this, I promised Sasuke, but I just can't fight this urge. I knelt down on the floor and picked up one of the shards. I brought it up to my arm. Tears suddenly built up and started rolling down my face.

Sasuke POV:

I started turning back and forth in bed. I opened my eyes, but to my surprise Naruto wasn't there anymore. Then I heard a noise coming from downstairs.
I quickly got out of bed.
I was completely shocked when I saw Naruto surrounded by shards. Tears started rolling down his face while he brought one of the shards to his wrist.
"STOP IT!" I found myself yelling while running towards him.
I accidentally stepped on one of them but I ignored it and immediately knelt down beside him. He looked at me surprised and like awoken from a trance. He dropped the shard on the ground and started crying harder. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into a hug.
"I'm sorry...you must be disappointed in me....I'm sorry..."
He kept muttering I'm sorry as I hugged him tighter.
"You're such a dobe, Naruto. I'm not disappointed. I am worried. What happened?"
"Worried?" He repeated
"Yes. Now, what's wrong?"
"It was an accident. It just slipped out of my hand then ...and then..."
"It's okay. No need to continue."
There was no need for him to continue. I know what he's talking about.

....

"Sasuke, you're bleeding. You cut your foot, because of me." he said with a very sad expression.

"Oh that. Don't worry. it's nothing. I don't even feel a thing. It's just a scratch. " I said smiling so he would't be too harsh on himself.

....Time Skip....

After we ate breakfast, I decided to take Naruto somewhere so he would be able to take his mind off things and cheer up. We went to the arcade. We spend the rest of the day there and had a lot of fun, at least Naruto seemed to enjoy himself and his happiness is contagious. If he is happy, I am happy, too.