♧ Chapter 12: Endless Cycle ♧

Sasuke POV:
Sasuke: Yup, still my POV. Why? cuz I'm cool and about to kick some ass.
Me: ...
Naruto:...

When I saw Sai in the schoolyard, I went on a rampage.
I threw my backpack to the ground while people started gathering.
Sai was only provoking me more since he had that stupid smile on his face. I launched at him and punched him really hard in the face.
He fell to the ground. People started cheering for me. Idiots. I picked him by the collar.
"My, my...this is so out of your character, Sasuke."
"Shut up. This is your warning. Tell Kiba that if something else happens to Naruto he's next."
I threw him back to the ground. He stood up and cleaned the blood of his face.
Suddenly I felt someone pulling my sleeve.
"Let's go Sasuke, please." he begged.
I took my backpack and we left before the teachers came. But first I gave Sai one last death glare.

We walked to my house. Both of us kept silent the whole way. I was still very angry. If Naruto wouldn't have stopped me I might have beat Sai to a pulp. Hn.
When we arrived home we went upstairs in my room. I sat on the couch while Naruto took a seat on a chair.
15 more minutes went by and I couldn't take the silence anymore.
"Look Naruto if you're mad at me I'm really sorry but-"
I was cut off by a sobbing Naruto. My eyes widen. He must have been trying his best to keep all that in.
I stood up and hugged him. Now we were both on the floor hugging each other. Naruto was a crying mess in my arms.
I rubbed his back and held him tight.
"It's going to be okay, Naruto. Let it all out."
I eventually lost track of time. I don't know if we've been here for an hour or two, but it didn't bother me. The only thing that was bothering me was that I didn't protect Naruto and that there's nothing that I can do to ease his pain beside of being there for him.
"You know...I feel so pathetic and weak..." he started speaking
"I always cry. I'm a coward."
"Narut-"
"Please let me speak. For so long I've been so alone. I've cried myself to sleep daily, I hurt my body, I starved myself.
I always walked alone into this messed up world. And my life is an endless cycle. Wherever I go I get bullied or hated. But this is the first time that bullying doesn't hurt as much as it used to. It's the first time I'm not alone. The first time that someone always comforts me when I'm crying. The first time that someone is here for me. The first time that I have a friend. It's the first time that someone stood up for me like that. It's the first time to experience love and caring and hugs...."
I felt my heart hurt again. He pulled away and looked me in the eyes that were now teary. Every word he said hurt me. He's been so lonely.
He smiled through the tears. A real smile, a hear- warming one.
"It might sound stupid, but if the price of having someone like that in my life is being bullied then I don't mind it. Thank you so much, Sasuke. Thank you so much for letting me experience all those stuff that up until now were just dreams for me."
I hugged him again, tighter than ever.
"That's what friends are for dobe. You're not alone. Whatever happens I am here for you. And I will always be here for you. Never hesitate to tell me anything. Whatever problems we may face we'll solve it together. This bullying shit, we'll solve it as well, don't worry. It'll be okay."
He smiled again.
"And don't say that again. You are not a bloody coward. Naruto, you are so strong. You don't even realize how strong you are. You've been through so much flipping bullshit without giving up on hope. You endured so much, all by yourself. Strong doesn't mean to be Iron man. Crying doesn't make you weak. Not everyone has the courage to do so."
He didn't respond but I could feel how  grateful he was.
After a while I noticed that he had fallen asleep, so I put him on the bed and covered him up. Poor Naru, he's exhausted. Did I just say Naru? What a cute nickname, it actually suits him.
I whipped his remaining tears away.
After a while I heard a knock at my door. I quickly got out of the room and pulled Itachi away.
"Shh, Naruto is sleeping onii-san."
"I'm sorry, actually there is something that I want to discuss with you about Naruto. But first why aren't you two at school?"
"Sorry, onii-san but something happened and Naruto wasn't feeling too well after that so we came home."
"I see, you better not make a bad habit out of it."
Itachi and I went into his office so we could talk.