♧Chapter 35: Gone Away♧

6 months after the incident
Sasuke POV:

How do you tell a well-structured story when life is absolute chaos? I think as I take another step closer to the edge of the cliff. I glance up at the stars and admire the beautiful full, yet lonely moon. It's the first time I have come here alone, since I met Naruto. I guess you must wonder how I have gotten to this critical point...

A few months back in time, a week after the incident
Itachi POV:

Everything is a mess and it is all my fault. Sasuke was right that time, I should have just listened to him and try harder to help them. This is worse then when Sasuke lost himself a few years ago. Who would have thought that a bunch of kids were capable of such horrible things... Who am I even lying to? I should have seen this coming from miles away. I should have made them change schools the second I found out that Kiba was going at the same school with them or the moment I found out about Naruto's bullying.

Sasuke has been in a coma for a week now. Ever since I have found them that day, all bloody and beaten I have been on the edge. I can barely function as a human anymore. I can't eat, I can't sleep...all I can do is blame myself for this nightmarish outcome.
I have also finally gotten the needed proof against that Sakura girl. Ino, supposedly her best friend, has stepped forward and testified. She even had some evidence.Of course, since she was involved she got punished as well, but less severe. Sakura has been taken into custody and then brought to a mental illness hospital, since has been  proven that the bitch was insane in paper.
Gaara, Kankuroo, Neji and Temari were also of really great help. The last piece of the puzzle is Naruto's and Sasuke's testimony, even though their testimony isn't crucial for the out come of the case. It is rather a mere procedure. All of them have been caught on CCTV, with a little help of a guy named Shikamaru, who seemed to be friends with Naruto and Sasuke, we were able to find footage of an unconscious Naruto being carried away...and of Suigetsu leading Sasuke to that cursed alley. We even have the part where he tells Sasuke to abandon his phone and the phone itself. Each and every single one of their faces have been identified. It took me so long to finally solve the case...if only I were a better brother, better guardian, better detectiv and better human being it wouldn't have gotten to this point. The only thing beside visiting them daily in the hospital that  kept me sane was working on the case, non-stop. I have been only surviving of coffee and the little food that Dei managed to force on me. The only times I slept were when I passed out of exhaustion, so adding to the list I am also a horrible boyfriend. I even have been forced to step down from my job for a while with the excuse that I should take a break and focuse on taking care of the two. Bullshit, I bet they just think that I won't be able to handle it anymore and crash down. I'm an Uchiha, I will not go crazy that easily. Work was the only thing that kind of helped me take my mind off things.
I let out a sigh while frowning. I look at the lifeless looking body on the other side of the window. The once hyperactive, sunny Naruto is in extremly bad condition. He is connected to all sorts of maschines and isn't even able to breath on his own. While Sasuke's condition is less severe...Naruto's is critical. He had two surgeries so far and almost died on the way to the hospital due to blood loss and other complications. The first stab was deep, but it didn't hit any vital organs, the second stab on the other hand came near his heart even though it was a sloppy stab. Beside that apparently due to past beatings one of Naruto's rib was almost broken... And the hit or punches that he got after being stabbed or before being stabbed or both...the medics aren't sure about it... But either way they caused the rib to finally collapse and break piercing one of his lungs. I failed him and I failed his parents. Maybe if I wouldn't have adopted him he would have found a better home...a safer one. I will never forgive myself if something happens to him. He is as important to me as Sasuke. How will I be able to face Sasuke once he wakes up? It's gonna happen soon and as glad I am for that to happen...I am terrified of how he will react once he learns the truth. Not only will he hate me, but I am afraid that the past will repeat itself all over. Why does it all have to be so complicated. I've brought them to the best hospital with the best doctors plus I believe in them and I believe in Naruto. He is strong, he is a fighter...a survivor. He's been through worst I am confidet that he will get better...he has to. A tear makes it's way down my cheek and then falls on the floor. I quickly whip it away and walk over the nurse that was just about to go to Naruto.
"Any improvements ?" I ask with hopeful eyes, for the 100th time this week. If they are annoyed by me, just wait for Sasuke to wake up.
"I'm sorry, but he is still the same..."
"What about visits? Are they still forbidden?"
"No, he is in a stable condition now, so you can start visiting. We will move him in a different room."
"Alright, thank you. What about my brother?"
"He should wake up today or tomorrow. If you'll excuse me now, I have to get back to work"
"Thank you." She smiled at me, but her eyes were telling a different story. She was pitting me so much.
I brushed it off and started walking to my brother's room again before going home since visiting hours will soon be over. I enter his room and take a sit by his bed as usual. I open the window for a minute to get him some fresh air. I cover him with the blanket up to his neck and brush a few hair strands out of his face. He looks so peaceful, it's worrying me. I look at the clock and realize that I need to go or else the nurse will soon come to shoo me away. On the first two days I had to fight with all my might to make them let me stay by their side overnight...even though I wasn't allowed to visit Naruto by his bed. Not even Deidera could make me calm down. I give Sasuke a quick peck on the forehead then head to the door while taking one last glance at him...
"Hurry up and wake up soon, foolish little brother." As I exit the room I run into Dei.
"I figured you must be here since I didn't find you at Naruto anymore. Good news...we can start visiting him starting from tomorrow."
Usually I am not an emotionally involved guy as long as it doesn't concern the people that are dear to me. This past week I have been an emotinal mess. I have dealt wih more feelings then I have in my whole life. I am so thanful for Deidera and his patience with me. I don't know if I would have been able to handle the situation that well without him. Ignoring the cup in his hand that he brough me, I wrapped my arms around him. I need a hug . Without questioning my uncharacteristically behavior he pulled me close and wrapped just one arm around me. After a while I broke the hug. He looked worried at me, while handing me my drink. I need coffe.
I took a sip and then looked disgusted at the cup.
"This is tea...I need coffee."
"No, you don't. You need rest and a healthy meal or food for a matter of fact. Itachi look at you, you have horrible eye bags, you only sleep when you pass out...you don't eat, un. I can't pretend I don't see it. How do you want to take care and be a suport for those two if you fuck your body and mind up. Talk to fucking me, stop botteling it all inside. You don't have to take all the responsability on your shoulders...let me help you...It makes me feel so frustrated to see you like this..." I look at the floor shomewhat ashamed. I know that he is right.
"I'm sorry for being such a horrible boyfriend...and I am sorry that you had to put up with all my moodiness."
"You are not a horrible boyfriend,un...maybe sometimes...I'm kidding. Don't you dare think that about yourself...you are just dealing with a difficult time, but it's going to be okay. They are both strong and I know that you must be blaiming yourself for everything, but you need to stop."
Slowly we started walking towards the car, we got in and Deidera started driving. I leaned my head against the window and thought about what he said. Occasionally I could feel him giving me worried looks, but they aren't something new. By now it's already dark outside. After a silent car ride, we arrived home. It was so quite and empty it hurt. Just as I was about to walk upstairs Deidera spun me around
"Where do you think you are going? Did you already forget what we talked about? Stop being such a baby, un."
"I know, but I am really not hungry at all."
"Do I look like I care? Sit. Hunger comes while eating, is what grandma always used to tell me when I was sad. My patience ran out...don't make me push it down your throut, cuz I will. And no more fucking coffe for a while or..."
I chuckled a little, the first time in a while.
"Since when did you get so protectiv and mature..."
"Since you decided to go all baby mode on me." He answers with a smile while putting a plate of my favorite food in front of me. I look at the food and then at him.
"Do I have to feed you?" he asks with a smirk, ready to jump in action.
I laugh a little again.
"No, it's not that, just thank you. I really appreciate all of this."
"You better, un."
We pick up our fork and start eating. To my surprise I ate everything. It was deliciouse. My boyfriend gives me a proud look.

Deidera POV:

Thank Fuck. He finally looks more relaxed, he even laught a couple of times. It makes me feel so relieved.
"Now shoo shoo go brush your teeth and to bed with you. You need proper sleep." I say and cringe slightly. I sound like a fricking mom. I  have never imagined, not in a million years that a day would come when I'll have to act like my bf's Babysitter...as much as I love him...he is so stubborn sometimes...
He gives me a nasty look. I glare back while picking the dishes in order to wash them.
Suddently he takes the dishes out of my hands and puts them in the sink
"We will wash them tomorrow..." he hesitated a little then continued in a whisper tone
" I don't wanna go to bed alone... "
I really don't believe this. He is usually so strict about dishes and all...I guess we have really switched roles. Being a mom is tiring. But knowing Itachi it took a lot of his pride to tell me that, so I obviously can't turn him down. Latly he also had a lot of nightmares. I take his hand and switch off the lights while we walk to our room. He changed into sweat pants and no top while I put on an oversized shirt. We got under the blanket and immediately cuddled looking for warmth. Itachi was being a little clingy, it' a rare sight of him so I 'll enjoy it for now. He had an arm around my waist, while his head was on my chest. He snuggled against me. I had an arm around him and played with his hair....that's his yes, yes square...Over the time I have realized that it calmes him down and gets him asleep and relaxed in no time...and of course I wasn't wrong...not too long after that, I heard light snors coming from him indicating that he was asleep. Finally, he's getting some proper rest. I really have been worried about him but it looks like he's going to be okay, un. Naruto and Sasuke, too. They are some though fucking kids...I'm sure they'll get through this as well. I place a soft kiss on his forehead before drifting away to sleep myself.