Chapter 3; Opening Up

He placed Sans down on the couch and Sans gave him a smile and said "thanks, bro." Sans walked up to his bedroom and entered, then laid down on his mattress.

-30 minutes later-
After twisting and turning, he had finally fallen asleep. It didn't take long for him to be woken up in the middle of the night gasping for air with sweat all over him, he hugged his knees and started sobbing, curling up on himself, another nightmare... Papyrus heard him from his room, he leaned against the wall which was separating the two brothers. Papyrus felt useless, he couldn't help his brother.

It was like this for the past 3 days, it's the 4th day now. Papyrus had gotten sick of just waiting for his brother to open up to him, he can't stand it any longer. If the same thing happens tonight, he will force his brother to tell him what's happening with him. He was determined to get it out of him.

The next day went on as usual, nothing really new happened, except Sans's bags under his eye sockets grew bigger, his expression more exhausted than ever, he had lost his appetite, too, not that he had much to begin with.

Sans yet again went into his room, Papyrus stayed awake, hearing shuffling noises coming from the other's room for around an hour, until finally, it was silent. Papyrus started to doze off, he was getting tired, but he still forced himself to stay awake.

He heard a sudden scream coming from his brother's room and muffled strong loud sobs. He ran over to find Sans curled up on himself. Tears running down his eye sockets. Papyrus rushed to his brother's side holding him in a tight embrace, Sans sobbed into Papyrus's rib cage, holding him tightly, afraid that he'd perish if he'd let him go. After a few minutes, he had calmed down. There was silence between the two skeletons, but overall it was calming and warm, the room illuminated with a calm blue and orange color.

Papyrus spoke in a very soft and gentle whisper "Sans... Have You Calmed Down Yet...?" Sans nodded in response "Good, Will You Tell Me What Your Nightmare Was About...?" Sans stayed quiet, but after a few moments, he nodded "s-sure, paps. but, please, promise me that you won't tell a single soul, this is a private matter." Sans didn't want to tell Papyrus, but not telling him will only worry him more. "I PROMISE, SANS. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING THROUGH AND TRY TO HELP YOU." Sans let go of Papyrus and Papyrus did the same.

They sat down facing each other on the mattress and Sans began to speak "alright, paps. a human will fall down here in 2 days from now, this human has the power to control time, they can go back, erase time, or reset it. There are generally 3 routes this human can take, neutral - the one you can least expect its outcome. pacifist - where the human can be really nice and become friends with everyone, eventually everyone will be freed from the underground and live on the surface happily. ...genocide - where the human slays everyone they meet, everyone dies, except the people who had evacuated with alphys, but overall, most of the monsters die. they become stronger than all of us combined. they... killed you in one swing, they killed everyone in one swing except the smaller monsters sometimes, undyne and... myself included. the human has enough determination to reset and control time, to start from the beginning." Sans paused to inhale, then exhale. He continued "i was defeated by them. They killed asgore in one hit, after they had killed me. they were unstoppable at that point." Sans paused and sighed. He lifted his shirt up and showed Papyrus the huge scar across his chest, Papyrus gasped, tears forming in his eye sockets. He started tracing his finger on the scar which was on his brother's chest, it made Sans shiver a little bit.

After Papyrus was done, he pulled his shirt back down and continued "the nightmares were about you dying, over and over again, i-i couldn't do anything but sit still and watch, you w-were screaming, c-crying for help, a-and i couldn't do a single th-thing to help you..." Sans started quietly sobbing again, Papyrus pulled Sans into a hug. Sans continued "a-and... every time it'd get worse a-and worse, you dying in m-my arms, it became unbearable t-to watch, you'd just be t-taken away from me... over and over and over and over and over again... p-papyrus, i-i'm so s-sorry..." and with that, he fell asleep. Papyrus brought him to his own room and laid him down on his race car bed. He placed a hand on Sans's head, gently and slowly patting it. His brother was going through all this by himself, the most miserable monster in the whole underground lying in his bed, sound asleep with tears in his eye sockets still. Papyrus lifted up his brother's shirt to examine the huge scar again, it was unbelievable. Everything that Sans had said was unbelievable, but he trusted his brother, he knows he would never lie to him about something like this and this scar was proof that it had actually happened. Sans had to experience this all alone, nightmares, insomnia, repeated days like being stuck in a time loop, seeing everyone get killed for god knows how many times, being alone.

The human was going to come in 2 days, he could only hope for the best. He laid down next to Sans holding him close, Sans subconsciously returned the embrace. Papyrus chuckled to himself and soon he was sound asleep, too. It was 4 AM.

*(First Picture Link: https://ro

*(First Picture Link: https://ro.pinterest.com/pin/625226360746707878/) 

*(Second Picture Link: https://ro.pinterest.com/pin/468937379947734081/)