Chapter 9; The Arrival

Sans inhaled and exhaled, he was ready for the worst. The kid came out of the ruins, once they passed the stick, Sans broke it to pieces with his magic, he followed closely behind them then teleported. Once the kid stopped in front of the bridge, Sans approach them slowly, his body covered in shadow "H u m a n. D o n' t  y o u  k n o w  h o w  t o  g r e e t   a  n e w  p a l ? T u r n    a r o u n d  a n d  s h a k e    m y  h a n d." Sans extended his hand and so they held it, Sans noticed dust all over the kid, his heart dropped, but kept his poker face "heheh... the old whoopee cushion in the hand trick. it's ALWAYS funny." Silence crept over the two "... that's, uh. your cue to laugh. or, uh, to emote at all...?" Silence between the two yet again "... (gee, lady, you really know how to pick 'em, huh...?)" he muttered "OK, that's fine. everyone's got their own sense of humor. i'm sans, sans the skeleton. im actually supposed to be on watch for humans right now. but... y'know... i don't really care about capturing anybody. now my brother, papyrus... he's a human-hunting FANATIC." He glanced ahead "hey, actually, I think that's him over there. i have an idea. go through this gate thingy. yeah, go right through. my bro made the bars too wide to stop anyone." They walked past the bridge and to the place where Sans's station was in "quick, hide behind that conveniently-shaped lamp." They didn't move and it was silent for a little "... uh, ok, i guess you don't have to." They stood in front of Sans, Papyrus walked in "SANS!!! HAVE YOU FOUND A HUMAN YET!??!" Sans replied "yeah." Papyrus's face lightened up "REALLY!?!? WOWIE!!! GUESS THAT'S SETTLED!!" Once Papyrus was out of view, he frowned, Genocide, huh? He could hear Sans in the distance saying "that worked out, huh?" The kid walked away and was about to leave until Sans spoke up "well, i'll be straight-forward with you. my brother'd really like to see a human... so, y'know, it'd really help me out... if you kept pretending to be one." And he walked away to the other direction.

After a few puzzles which the human just walked passed, disappointing Papyrus. Sans spoke privately with them before they reached Snowdin "hmmm... guess we didn't need your help to have a good time after all." Silence "... say, i've been thinking. seems like you're gonna fight my brother pretty soon. here's some friendly advice. if you keep going the way you are now..." Sans closed his eyes then opened them, it was completely black "you're gonna have a bad time." And with that, he teleported away.

Teleporting to his brother "SANS... I'M SORRY." Sans sighed "'tis not your fault, bro. see you in the next reset i suppose..." Papyrus gave Sans a hug, tears could be seen in Papyrus's eye sockets, Sans was starting to tear-up, too. They hugged each other in silence before they both pulled away, Papyrus cupped Sans's head in his hands and placed his forehead against his older brother's "SANS, WE'LL SEE EACH OTHER SOON AND I WILL REMEMBER, I PROMISE." Sans nodded, he couldn't believe what his brother said completely, but still held on to that hope. Papyrus walked away and Sans teleported in the woods, watching how their fight would go, Papyrus stood there, waiting for the human until they approached from the fog, only black figures could be seen, Papyrus spoke the lines he was told by Sans, it was like a theatre performance and he was one of the actors in it.

The human approached closer and closer, he was ready for his fate, to die again. The human slashed at his neck, his head falling on one of his hands "W-WELL, THAT'S NOT WHAT I EXPECTED..." A lie, his body turned into dust, only leaving his head "BUT... ST...STILL! I BELIEVE IN YOU! YOU CAN DO A LITTLE BETTER! EVEN IF YOU DON'T THINK SO! I... I PROMISE..." he glanced at his brother which was in the woods and shot him a smile, Sans was in tears but smiled back and finally, his head turned to dust and blew away. Sans teleported to his room and sat on his bed, trying to stop the tears from pouring, but didn't succeed.

RESET

He was back in the forest, watching the demon kill his brother again, Sans was shocked and confused.

RESET

again.

RESET

and again.

RESET

Sans was starting to go insane, he tried to stop it, attacking anything, just so it could stop.

RESET

This went on for what seemed like centuries to Sans, but in reality, it had passed 30 minutes, until finally--

RESET

*(Picture Link: https://ro.pinterest.com/pin/384072674457273717/)

< Cliff Hanger, Maybe? Well, Guess I'm Evil, Maybe. The Next Chapter Will Be Released Soon, I Decided To Release Two Chapters Today/Tonight Because... Well, No Reason In Particular, Figured I Should. Anyway, Hope You Enjoyed This Chapter And Have A Good Day/Good Night. >