Chapter 25; Fever

-5:40 AM-
"2 more days 'till the human falls, huh?" Sans mumbled to himself, Papyrus was lightly snoring beside Sans. It was 5:40 AM, guess he still has Insomnia, figured as much. Insomnia doesn't cure itself that easily.

He waited in the dark, laying down and cuddling into Papyrus's chest, he felt somehow warm and cold in the same time. He sighed to himself; he couldn't do anything but wait. Wait to fall asleep, wait for the human to arrive, wait for his future which is in the hands of one single child. Unbelievable, right? If the kid does kill them all over again, only to reset again... then it's a good thing Papyrus won't remember. Sans doesn't want Papyrus to become depressed, to become like him. He's happy now, but as long as the kid is around, then he can never truly feel like he'll keep that happiness. It'll only be ripped away from him again.

He sighed, only this time a little longer. What happened to the Frisk he knew? The Frisk who had given them their happy ending... did Frisk ever even give them a happy ending? Maybe, maybe not, but they definitely were friends with Sans even if it might've been only for a little bit, they were friends.

He didn't want to think about the human anymore, he just wanted to get some sleep, so he started counting. Counting in his head from 1 to whatever number he reaches before drifting off to sleep. 1,784 seconds it took for him to fall asleep.

-8:00 AM-
Papyrus woke up finding his older, yet shorter brother cuddled up to him like he's seeking comfort of some kind, he felt really warm. Papyrus stayed a little longer in bed, rubbing Sans's back. It's understandable that Sans wouldn't sleep well, considering that the human is coming very soon.

After a few more back rubs and gazing at Sans's cute and peaceful, blue face, Papyrus got up and went downstairs, he had to go to Undyne's in more than an hour. Papyrus walked over to the kitchen to make some spaghetti for Sans and himself.

20 minutes passed and Papyrus finished making his spaghetti, he put some on his and Sans's plate, still waiting for Sans to come downstairs.

10 minutes had passed and he still wasn't down, Papyrus decided to go and wake up Sans himself. He creaked the door to his room open and closed it quietly, Sans was still sleeping but sweating more than usual. After a few seconds of staring at his shorter brother, which was snuggling into the blanket, he finally figured out Sans was running a fever. Papyrus panicked, he got more blankets from his closet and wrapped them around Sans, hoping he was going to be OK, considering how weak Sans's body was.

He picked up the phone from his table and phoned Undyne "Ring... ring... Click! Hey, dork. What's up?" Undyne picked up "SANS IS RUNNING A FEVER, IS IT OK IF I STAY WITH HIM FOR TODAY?" Papyrus asked "Do ya want to bring him to Alphys's lab to make sure he's going to be alright?" Papyrus thought about it for a second or so, it's best if Alphys checks him up "I'LL BE RIGHT THERE!" He said before hanging up.

Papyrus sped walked to his room, he looked into the closet and grabbed something warm to change Sans in. They didn't particularly feel the cold, but it's best to be safe. Papyrus uncovered Sans and gently made him sit up. He gently took off Sans's white stained ketchup shirt and changed him into a warm black sweater, he tried his best to do it as fast as possible. He put Sans's jacket on him and wrapped his scarf around Sans's neck. Surprisingly, Sans was still asleep during all this. Papyrus left the room to change from his orange PJ's as well. Once he was done he entered his own room and walked over to his race car bed to pick up Sans bridal style and carry him out of the house to the river person.

While they were riding on the river person's sentient boat, he said "Tra la la. The waters are wild today. That's good luck..." Papyrus smiled a little at it.

Once they reached their destination, The river person said "Come again some time. Tra la la." Papyrus got off and thanked the river person before speed walking towards Alphys's lab.

When he was in front of the lab, he decided to wake Sans up. Papyrus gently called out Sans's name, no response. So he held Sans in front of him and slightly started to shake him, Sans woke up, finally. It took a few seconds for Sans to be fully awake and aware "paps? why are we in hotland?" Sans questioned, glancing around "BECAUSE YOU HAVE A FEVER! ALPHYS IS GOING TO DO A CHECK UP ON YOU TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE OK!" Sans tilted his head to the side "a fever isn't that serious..." Papyrus responded with a stern face "MAYBE NOT... BUT IT IS WHEN IT COMES TO YOU! YOU'RE REALLY FRAIL!" Sans sighed and smiled "sure, paps. uh, anyway, i can walk so you don't need to carry me anymore, i'm heav-" He was interrupted by Papyrus "NONSENSE!" Papyrus was still carrying a blushing Sans while knocking on the lab's door. A few seconds later, Alphys answered "G-Good morning..." Alphys greeted, Papyrus and Sans did, too "Is s-something wrong?" Alphys asked, tilting her head a bit "SANS HAS A FEVER, SO I WAS HOPING IF YOU COULD CHECK HIM!" Alphys nodded and let them in "A-Alright, wait here until I get a ch-chair!" Papyrus nodded. Alphys hurried inside her 'bathroom', he was slightly confused "WHY DID SHE GO TO THE BATHROOM?" Sans shrugged "maybe she keeps chairs stored in there?" Sans didn't enjoy lying to his brother, but it wasn't his place to tell him. Alphys will eventually tell everyone herself.

*(Picture Link: https://ro.pinterest.com/pin/807270301933070550/)

< Now, Some Of You May Be Wondering; "How can a skeleton get sick?" That Shall Be Explained Next Chapter~ Also, I'm Open To Recommendations Which I'm Able To Add To The Story~ Or I Could Just Make A One-shot If I'm Not, But It'll Have To Be After I'm Done With This Story. I'm Still Trying To Decide Whether I Should Add Something NSFW Or Not. Anyway, Hope Ya Liked This Chapter And See Ya In The Next One, Toodles~ >