Chapter 7; Nostalgia

He had seen a notebook on his bed when Sans had opened the door earlier Papyrus wanted to check out what was written in it. When he opened the first page his eyes widened in shock, he didn't understand any of these symbols, but they looked so familiar to him, was there something else his brother wasn't telling him? He looked at the other pages, hoping he'd find something he could understand. When he had reached the second last page he found a picture of Sans, himself and another tall man which appeared to be a skeleton, who is that man? Papyrus felt a feeling he couldn't describe, something like nostalgia. He closed the notebook and decided he'd look more into it later. 

It was 9:16 AM; he could let his brother sleep more, good. He needed the rest, anyway. He placed the notebook on Sans's bed, just how it had been before he looked into it, he left Sans's room and the house to check on his puzzles. He wanted to be fully ready, after that he could practice on his acting. 

After he had re-checked all his puzzles he headed back home, Sans was still asleep. It took Papyrus around 1 hour to make sure everything was in order, he gave Sans a glance who was sleeping peacefully on the couch before heading up into his room. He was up there for a while, yelling things like "HUMAN! YOU SHALL NOT PASS THIS AREA! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL STOP YOU!!! THEN CAPTURE YOU! YOU WILL BE DELIVERED TO THE CAPITAL! THEN... THEN!!!" he paused a little before yelling again "I'M NOT SURE WHAT'S NEXT. IN ANY CASE! CONTINUE IF YOU DARE! NYEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH!!!" Papyrus smirked to himself, he felt like he was getting better at acting. He hadn't notice Sans standing in the door frame in tears from holding his laughter, Papyrus immediately flushed red and that made Sans laugh out loud a lot "heheheheh, you're getting better, bro, heheh." He said almost breathless, Papyrus yelled "SANS! YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO KNOCK BEFORE ENTERING SOMEONE'S ROOM!!!" Sans wiped his tears away "sorry, bro. just couldn't help m'self." Papyrus pouted which was really adorable to Sans, hell, his brother was always adorable no matter what he did and Papyrus felt the same way towards Sans, too, but Sans doesn't know it. Papyrus was unbelievably happy to see Sans laughing like that, even if it came with a sacrifice; his pride. Papyrus turned to Sans and smiled at him "FEELING BETTER, BROTHER?" he smiled back "yeah, bro. sorry for worrying you, if i did. i'm feelin' sansational, thanks." Papyrus sighed "WELL, SHOULD WE TALK ABOUT THE HUMAN AND HOW I NEED TO ACT? I'M GUESSING YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES VERY WELL." Sans looked down and sighed "well, somewhat. we have to act differently depending on what the kid's doin', after a genocide route... we have to act like we don't know 'em. i'll tell you what to say later. if the kid decides to go neutral or pacifist then we'll have to act another way, which i'll also explain later. if they're cold blooded, they'll keep on doing genocide until they've finished 'playing' with us. if they are not cold blooded or curious, they'll go pacifist, which i hope. anyway, let's sit down and i'll discuss the speech with you."

-1 hour and 30 minutes later-
Papyrus seemed to have gotten it, Sans couldn't remember much about Pacifist/Neutral, because the human had done Genocide more times than Pacifist/Neutral. Papyrus thought a little about Genocide and Sans's scar, he had a question to ask his brother "SO, IF YOU HAVE A SCAR BECAUSE OF GENOCIDE... DO WE HAVE SCARS, TOO? I MEAN; ME, UNDYNE, METTATON AND OTHER MONSTERS?" There was silence for a few seconds before Sans reached for Papyrus's scarf and took it off, he traced the scar on his younger brother's neck, Papyrus flinched a little before Sans answered "yes, you have a scar on your neck, the kid chopped your head off. undyne might've been slashed and would've died instantly like the rest of the boss monsters before her, but she transformed and the slash on her chest disappeared, so she doesn't have a scar because she melted due to having too much determination to live, monster souls can't store as much determination as humans can. mettaton is a robot, he can't have a scar. there's another monster which i won't talk about, yet, until you meet them... again, but i dunno if she has a scar or not. other monsters, like the smaller ones don't have scars, or maybe they do? i'm not sure, but we're boss monsters, so maybe only boss monsters get scars." Sans stopped tracing the scar on his brother's neck and sighed "well, don't worry 'bout it too much, there's a chance the human might be good." Papyrus spoke in a sorrowful voice "I'M SORRY FOR WHAT YOU HAD TO EXPERIENCE." Sans looked up at his younger brother, shocked, then smiled "nah, don't worry 'bout it." They got off Papyrus's race car bed and Sans walked towards his room before Papyrus had stopped him "SANS, IF THE HUMAN DOES KILL EVERYONE AGAIN, CAN WE SPEND AS MUCH TIME AS POSSIBLE BEFORE THAT HAPPENS?" Papyrus asked with a little orange hue on his cheeks. Sans stared at his younger brother, trying to wrap his head around what Papyrus just asked, when he came to his senses he replied "oh, uh, sure, paps. whaddya wanna do?" The younger skeleton smiled brightly "I WANT TO RE-CHECK ON THE PUZZLES WITH YOU!" Sans nodded and let his brother lead the way.

All the puzzles seemed in order. Papyrus sighed at the crossword puzzle which was placed on the ground by his brother, but soon a small smile took form on his face. Papyrus looked at the time and it was 11:49 AM, he dropped of Sans to his sentry station and hugged him one last time, Sans returned it. After a few seconds Papyrus pulled away "I'LL SEE YOU SOON, BROTHER!" he smiled at Sans and Sans smiled back "yeah, bro. see ya soon." When Papyrus had left, Sans plopped down on his seat and drank ketchup. He prays for the kid to be good, to pick a better path, to not kill his brother, but his wishes and wants meant nothing to the human, people in power will do anything to keep it, will abuse it, and use it for the worse when they eventually get bored or curious, curiosity kills the cat, but sadly, the cat won't remain dead. Sans sighed he had 2 hours and more until the human comes, what can he do until then? He dropped his head onto the wooden surface and started to drift off to sleep.

*( Picture Link: https://ro.pinterest.com/pin/533395149605500378/)