Chapter 8; Memories

-Dream-
Darkness, he was surrounded by darkness until everything suddenly turned white, Sans looked around, why was everything so empty? He heard cracks in the distance, he looked over and noticed the floor falling apart, like someone had hit glass with a big stone, he noticed the cracks heading towards him, he muttered to himself "oh shi-" before he could finish, he fell into the endless space. He felt as if he was falling for a few minutes now, until, finally, he had reached the ground, which was still endless space but with an invisible platform, how is that even possible? He looked around, not knowing what to expect, he sat on the floor waiting for something to happen, he heard distant noises, he couldn't make out what it was, so he got up and walked to the source of these noises. Ghostly tiny figures ran around him, was this a memory? He tried to inspect the Ghostly figures while they were running, it was himself and Papyrus, when they were younger. Color spread across the room, they were playing with the snow in Snowdin, chasing each other, Gaster was standing in the door frame of their house, watching the 2 children play and chase each other. Sans walked towards Gaster, looking up at him, after a few seconds of Sans inspecting his father, Gaster looked down at him, Sans's eyes widened, how? How could Gaster see him? A smirk plastered Gaster's face and with that, he woke up. 

In a panic, he looked around, checking his surroundings, then the time, it had only passed 30 minutes, he teleported to his room, grabbed his notebook and pencil, he teleported to his station and started writing down his dream, how did Gaster see him? Wasn't it just a memory? That question never left his head, why did he dream about a memory, anyway? Did Gaster want him to remember that? Can Gaster see him now? He looked around, he called out "'dings?" while looking at the sky, hoping he'd get an answer from Gaster if they did meet again. Sans doesn't feel comfortable being watched, especially by his father. He thought about the "dream" a bit more, but soon got bored.

He teleported back home, placed the book in his cupboard and teleported back, he looked through his phone, looking at pictures of himself and Papyrus, they seemed so happy, heh. It was 12:23 PM.

An hour had past and it was time for Sans to go in front of the Ruins door and promise to the old lady, a promise he wish he never agreed to in the first place, but he can't change that now, it was pointless anyway, he'll just break it again if the kid does genocide. He sighed to himself and sat in front of the door and said "knock, knock",  after some time, the woman replied "Who's there?" - "deja" – "Deja who?" – "knock, knock" It took a while for the woman to get it, but soon enough she giggled, not very much, as expected "what's up?" Sans asked her, she sighed "If a human does pass this Ruins door, could you keep an eye out for them? I know it is a lot to ask, but... no one will look out for them and considering how often you're around here, I would assume you're a guard?" Sans corrected her "sentry." – "Then that is even better, so will you promise me to keep an eye on them? I am sorry to have to ask you something so important." Sans sighed "don't worry about it and... i promise." Toriel was so relieved to hear that "Thank you so much...! I will be counting on you, then." Sans frowned "heh, no prob'." When did he become such a liar? "i'll be getting back to my station, my bro will worry if he doesn't find me there, not to mention also scold me. see ya soon... hopefully..." He whispered the last part out and got up, she got up too and replied "See you soon, too! Goodbye and thank you, again." He walked away, hands in his pockets and a deep sigh alongside it, he teleported himself on one of the tree branches, waiting for the human, just a few minutes and they'll arrive.

  *(Picture Link: https://wyndos.tumblr.com/post/142613314324/memories-they-say-life-flashes-before-your-eyes)