Chapter 23; Waterfall

< Figured I Should Put Something For You Guys To Listen To While Reading This Chapter~ I Do Not Own The Picture, Video Nor Song, All Credits Go To Their Rightful Owners, Of Course. I Don't Think I Need To State That Every Time Since It's Quite Obvious I Didn't Make Them. So I'll Just Say It Now (Really Late, Though); Every Picture/Video/Song I Share In This Story Do Not Belong To Me Unless I Mention They Do~ Anyway, Hope You Enjoy~ >

Once they had left Snowdin and entered Waterfall, Papyrus started tugging on Sans's hand to walk faster. Sans lazily let Papyrus pull him through Waterfall.

Waterfall was always known for its calming surroundings and noises, the gently water splashes, the beautiful echo flowers, the crystals on the ceilings and walls, but it's a mysterious place, always has this weird mystery to it.

Sans and Papyrus were still walking, holding each other's hand. Their pace was slower now than when they entered Waterfall, the area was nice and soothing to them.

Papyrus came to a stop and Sans looked at him with a puzzled expression "WE'RE HERE!" Papyrus exclaimed excitedly. Sans looked around, they were surrounded by water and a few echo flowers, it was beautiful to say the least. Sans smiled and plopped down "heh, pretty place." Papyrus sat down next to Sans "OF COURSE! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, ALWAYS KNOW THE BEST PLACES FOR A DATE!" Sans chuckles, he lazily reached over for the basket and picnic blanket, but failed. Papyrus sighed with a slight smile on his face and got up to get the basket and picnic blanket himself. He laid the picnic blanket down and placed the basket on the side, he then walked over to Sans, picked him up and placed him on the picnic blanket next to where he'd be sitting "I SWEAR, SANS. YOU'RE THE LAZIEST MONSTER IN THE WHOLE UNDERGROUND!" Sans chuckled "and that is what makes me special." He turned to look at Papyrus and gave him a goofy smile with a wink; Papyrus couldn't help but laugh at it.

They were silent, it wasn't awkward, just comforting silence. Sans reached for Papyrus's hand which was on the picnic blanket and held it, Papyrus smiled and intertwined his fingers with Sans's. He turned to face Papyrus and placed his skeletal hand on Papyrus's cheek bone, Papyrus smiled, Sans smiled back. He leaned in and kissed Sans gently, a few seconds had passed before they pulled away. A tint of orange and blue blush were dusted on their faces, Sans was first to speak "heh, do ya wanna eat?" Papyrus nodded excitedly "alright"

Sans reached for the basket and placed it in front of the both of them, he reached inside and grabbed a sandwich, Papyrus did the same. Sans realized he was missing something and reached inside the basket once again to grab his favorite condiment, ketchup. Papyrus noticed and sighed "IF YOU GET DRUNK AGAIN, I SWEAR I'LL BAN KETCHUP!" Sans chuckled "don't worry, paps. it's just a bottle, i'll need more than that to get drunk." Papyrus glared at Sans and Sans just shrugged with a smirk on his face. He put ketchup on his sandwich and took a bite, then he reached for his ketchup bottle and drank from it, too. Papyrus face palmed, Sans chuckled watching his younger brother face palm "heheheh, wanna try, too?" He extended his arm which was holding the ketchup bottle to Papyrus, he sighed and grabbed it, putting just a little on his sandwich before handing it back to Sans. He didn't hate ketchup, after all, it's made from tomatoes which he also used for his spaghetti, but Sans's ketchup bottles always had a little alcohol in them weirdly enough. He's not the type of person to drink either, but a little wouldn't hurt. Sans was honestly surprised he agreed, but chuckled anyway.

They both ate in silence, Sans was already done with his ketchup bottle and three sandwiches while Papyrus was on his second. Sans pulled out a bag of chips from the basket and laid down on Papyrus's laps, Papyrus looked down a little puzzled, but smiled anyway. He patted his older brother's head and said "YOU BETTER NOT FALL ASLEEP, SANS." Sans smiled "'course, paps." He opened the bag of chips and began eating its contents.