Chapter 22; Time Has Switched The Roles

Sans was shaking in his sleep, twisting and turning, clutching the mattress underneath him tightly. He woke up with a gasp and tears in his eye sockets. He quietly chuckled to himself, covering his eyes with his arm while tears rolled down "heh... tibia honest, i'd prefer 'dings annoying me instead of two nightmares in a night..." he mumbled to himself.

Sans got up and walked over to Papyrus's room, slowly opening the door. Papyrus sat up rubbing his eyes "...SANS? DID SOMETHING HAPPEN?" Sans stuttered out a response "y-yeah, is it ok if i sleep with you...?" Papyrus gave his brother a warm smile "OF COURSE." He held his arms out for Sans to crawl into them, and so he did as he started quietly sobbing in his brothers shirt while Papyrus was rubbing his skull. Sans spoke in a low, yet cracked voice "i-i remember when you used to come into my r-room after having a nightmare late at night... you were crying, i'd always try to comfort you, to ch-cheer you up, but always failed... then i would h-hold you in my arms, you were shaking, i hated seeing y-you like that. i told you i would protect you from any nightmare, i always will. then, we fell asleep a-and just stayed in each other's embrace 'till morning... hilarious... isn't it? how time has switched the roles..." Sans gave out a quite and broken chuckle. Papyrus hugged his brother tighter "Sans... You Always Helped Me During My Hardest Times, I'll Do The Same For You. Not Only Because You Helped Me, Because I Also Care About You And Love You." Sans smiled, Papyrus couldn't see it, but he knew Sans did "heh... thanks, bro. i love and care about you, too. you mean everything to me." Papyrus removed his hand from Sans's head and placed it under Sans's chin instead to lift his head to face Papyrus, he leaned in and clanked teeth with his older brother. Papyrus pulled away a few seconds later and smiled "You Mean Everything To Me, Too... My Family, My Guardian, My Teacher, My Protector, My Supporter, My Motivation, My Hope, And... My Boyfriend." Sans gripped Papyrus's shirt tighter and silently resumed sobbing. Papyrus's words meant more than words to him, it meant everything. Papyrus laid down holding his sobbing shorter brother close to him while rubbing his back. The sobbing died down until it was silent, the both of them had fallen asleep in each other's grasp with small smiles on their faces. 

-Morning-
Papyrus woke up before Sans, He smiled at his older brother and patted his head before getting up and looking through his closet silently for something to wear on their date, a lot of clothes but nothing formal. It wouldn't matter if they wore what they usually do, right? Papyrus silently took his battle body from the closet and walked downstairs to the living room to change into it, since his brother was in his room and they didn't have a bathroom. 

Once he got into his battle body, he started making breakfast. He hadn't made spaghetti in a while, so he decided to make some, not forgetting to add ketchup in it since Sans seemed to like it more that way.

After a few minutes of preparing the ingredients and almost burning the spaghetti, he saw Sans walking down the stairs and to the kitchen "'sup, bro." Papyrus gave his lazy brother a huge grin "GOOD MORNING, BROTHER!!" Sans smiled and walked over to the cupboard to get some bread out, then to the fridge and got some cheese, lettuce, ham, tomatoes and cucumbers out. Papyrus looked at him curiously "BROTHER, WHAT IS IT THAT YOU'RE DOING? I'M ALREADY MAKING BREAKFAST!" Sans chuckled "yeah, but don't you want something to eat on our date?" Soon, Papyrus's confused expression turned into one of realization "OH!! THAT'S TRUE!" Sans nodded and started making sandwiches. He packed them and placed them gently into a basket, he also took a few other snacks like ketchup, chips and drinks with him. 

After Sans had finished, he sat down eating the spaghetti with Papyrus "I KNOW THE PERFECT PLACE WE COULD HAVE OUR DATE!" Sans gave his brother a smile and complimented him "of course you do, you're the great papyrus after all." Papyrus smirked and laughed proudly, placing a hand on his chest while saying "OF COURSE! ONLY THE BEST FOR HIS GREAT AND AMAZING OLDER BROTHER, TOO!" San chuckled to himself "thanks, paps." Papyrus smiled at him. 

When they both finished eating, Papyrus took his plate along with Sans's so he could wash them. He hummed to himself "Bonetrousle" while washing them. Sans got up to pack a picnic blanket and he placed it near the basket of snacks and food, he waiting beside the door for Papyrus to be ready. After a few seconds, Papyrus was already set to go. He walked towards Sans and they both left the house holdings hands, it was quite early so barely anyone was seen in town.

They were both blushing a little, it was the first time for them to display more than brotherly love in public. This sort of thing would be normal if they were still kids, but they're grown adults now, even though they do sometimes act as kids. It never bothered them.

*(Picture Link: https://ro.pinterest.com/pin/455567318548923109/)

< The Nightmare Thing Was Inspired By The Picture Which Is Part Of The Comic You See Above And The Link Takes You To A Pinterest Image Of It. Anyway, Thank You For Reading~ Have A Great Day/Night! >