Chapter 12; Explanation

After the call had ended, Papyrus told Sans "I WON'T GO TO TRAINING TODAY, SO, CAN YOU TELL ME NOW?" Sans looked down to think for a little until he lifted his head up to face Papyrus "sure, i could, but it'll be a lot to take it, are you ready?" Papyrus nodded eagerly "ok, but again, keep this a private matter." And with one flick, the window's curtains closed and the door was locked thanks to Sans's magic "get comfy 'cause this is going to be long." Papyrus nodded, he was ready.

Sans sat in a comfy position, facing Papyrus "alright, this notebook contains all the data i've collected from the kid so far, all the data about routes, timelines, outcomes, etcetera. it's written in wingdings 1/3, a font that could only be spoken by skeletons, you knew it once before but forgot about it." Sans took the picture out of the book and held it up so Papyrus could see "this picture was taken a few years ago, when you were younger. i was a scientist at the time, working as an assistant to this man." Sans pointed at the tall skeleton behind them "this is dr. w.d. gaster, he's a skeleton, too and... our father, he created us." Papyrus's eye sockets widened but he stayed silent "gaster was the royal scientist before alphys, he experimented a lot with determination, the human has a lot of it and that gives them the power to control time and resets, i have artificial determination in my soul, that's probably why i can remember timelines. only 4, maybe 5 people are able to remember timelines, the kid, me, gaster, flowey and maybe asgore, or he just knows about the kid's power, but i highly doubt it. i don't know whether you know about flowey, but that can be saved for another time. gaster created the core and a few other things, he fell into his own creation and got erased from time and space, along with a few other assistants due to a machine, they now live in the void, the man you met was gaster, the one who gave you your memories." Papyrus looked overall shocked, he asked "SANS... CAN I ASK YOU A FEW QUESTIONS?" Sans nodded in response "WHAT WAS GASTER LIKE?" Sans laid back and spoke "he was fun, he'd make jokes, he'd teach us new things, but... at times he could be very invested in his research, forgetting what really matters, but he wasn't a bad person, just not the greatest father." Papyrus asked again "WHAT HAPPENED AFTER HE GOT ERASED, LIKE... WHAT HAPPENED TO US?" Sans responded "well, what else? i took care of you alone, it was pretty hard for the first couple months, but i managed to get a few jobs and a lot of money from them to buy this house." Papyrus nodded "I KNOW THAT, BUT WHAT ABOUT YOU? HOW WERE YOU BACK THEN?" Sans sighed "not the best, i wouldn't eat for days at times, but as long as i kept you happy, i didn't care." He smiled at Papyrus, Papyrus had tears around his eye sockets "don't worry, bro. i don't care, not that i was that hungry at the time anyway and look at how amazing you've gotten, so i don't regret anything." Papyrus pulled Sans into a hug and started crying a little on Sans's shoulder while Sans was stroking his brother's head "c'mon, paps. where did the great and strong papyrus go?" Papyrus spoke "S-SANS, I'M SO SORRY, YOU DIDN'T HAVE A PROPER CHILDHOOD BECAUSE YOU TOOK CARE OF ME, YOU SACRIFICED SO MUCH FOR ME, I-I DON'T DESERVE A GREAT BROTHER LIKE YOU, I'M SO SORRY..." Sans's eyes widened and he spoke in a stern voice "papyrus, don't ever say something like that ever again. i'm the one who doesn't deserve a little brother like you, it may not seem like it, but you were and still is the only thing i'm living for, if it weren't for you, i would've killed myself a long time ago, so thank you for sticking by my side until the end, even if i'm a burden." Tears started to form in Sans's eyes, too "SANS... PLEASE DON'T KILL YOURSELF EVEN IF I'M NOT HERE, I'LL ALWAYS FIND A WAY TO BE BY YOUR SIDE NO MATTER WHAT, AND THANK YOU, BROTHER, FOR EVERYTHING YOU DID FOR ME AND FOR STAYING BY MY SIDE EVEN WHEN TIMES WERE TOUGH... I... I LOVE YOU, SANS." Sans smiled and replied "i love you, too, papyrus, i really do..."

They pulled apart and smiled at each other with a little blush on their faces "S-SANS... MAY I SPEAK TO YOU ABOUT SOMETHING IMPORTANT THIS EVENING?" Sans nodded "of course. do you want to watch something together until evening?" Papyrus responded with excitement "YES! WE COULD WATCH A MOVIE OR TWO! I'LL CLEAN THE HOUSE AFTER THE MOVIE!" Sans smiled at his brother and nodded, Papyrus went into the kitchen to make some popcorn.

He returned 1 minute later, he sat near Sans on the couch and placed the bowl with popcorn on his laps. The movie they were about to watch was a slice-of-life kind of movie, boring to Sans but he didn't fall asleep, Papyrus seemed to be enjoying the movie, so Sans sat silent and watched the movie. The second movie was more interesting, it was about science and exploration, Papyrus didn't seem to get much about the movie, he'd ask Sans a lot of questions, not that it bothered him, he enjoyed teaching his brother.

After the two Skeletons finished the two movies, Papyrus got up and stretched "WELL, TIME TO CLEAN!" Sans got up as well, he smiled at his brother then walked to his room, he was curious about what Papyrus was going to tell him soon. He laid down on his mattress and drifted off to sleep.

 *(Picture Link: https://ro.pinterest.com/pin/423971752402248819/)

< Next Chapter Is Where Things Get More Fontcest-like, Sorry For Taking A Long Time for It. >