Chapter 27; Flowey

-An Hour Later-
Papyrus peered his eyes slightly open, he looked around in confusion until he bolted up from the couch, realizing that he had fallen asleep instead of taking care of Sans. He got off the couch "SANS...?" Papyrus called out, it was silent. 

Suddenly, Papyrus jumped at the sudden "boo!" coming from his older brother behind him, Sans snickered at Papyrus's reaction "yo." He greeted, Papyrus turned around facing his brother with an unamused expression "WAS THAT REALLY NECESSARY, SANS?" Sans grinned "definitely." Papyrus sighed. 

It was silent before Papyrus spoke "DO YOU FEEL BETTER?" Sans nodded in response "must've been a small bug, nothing food n' a nap can't fix." It was Papyrus's turn to nod and smile. 

He walked over to the couch and sat down, relaxing his back. Sans joined soon after, laying down and placing his head on Papyrus's laps. Papyrus's smile grew warmer as he started petting Sans's head gently, his movements were slow, but relaxing to say the least.

It was comfortable and silent for a few minutes, until Papyrus spoke "ABOUT FLOWEY... I KNOW HIM." Sans bolted up from his younger brother's laps, facing Papyrus now. He was surprised, how had he known about Flowey? "how? did he do anything to you?" Sans's voice was stern, but concerned. Papyrus shook his head "NO... HE'S BEEN A GREAT FRIEND!" Sans cringed, a great friend? "was he the one telling you predictions?" Papyrus nodded. Sans never imagined that Papyrus had already known about Flowey "has he told you anything about himself?" Papyrus thought for a little before responding "NOT REALLY, MOSTLY PREDICTIONS. BUT HE DID TELL ME THAT HE WAS SOMEONE IMPORTANT ONCE, AND THAT HE KNEW A LOT ABOUT THE FUTURE." Sans nodded.

Silence followed again, Sans seemed deep in thought "SANS...? WHY WERE YOU SO SURPRISED WHEN I TOLD YOU THAT I KNEW HIM?" Papyrus asked curiously "he's a threat." Sans answered, Papyrus tilted his head to the side "WHAT DID HE DO?" Sans cringed and answered his question with another "what did he not do?" Papyrus seemed even more confused, Sans sighed and asked "do ya wanna hear his story?" Papyrus nodded. 

Guess this talk was inevitable, Papyrus needs to know everything, so Sans began "alright, i'll try makin' this short. the king and queen had a child named asriel, asriel was friends with a human named chara which fell from the surface. the first ever human to fall. chara hated humanity. as time went on, asriel and chara might as well be called siblings since they were so close. one day, chara fell ill due to buttercups, they died. chara and asriel made a plan before chara died, it was to free monster-kind from the underground, thus, he absorbed chara's soul and passed the barrier, he was killed by humans and found by the king and queen on a bed of golden flowers before he had dusted away. asgore and the queen was filled with grief. due to that asgore declared war 'Every human who falls down here shall be killed. Freedom is not far." everyone cheered. of course, the queen couldn't accept this, so she left her position as queen and hid away, it's uncertain whether she's alive or not."

Papyrus didn't want to interrupt Sans, but he did anyway "WHAT DOES THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH FLOWEY?" Sans replied "nothin' yet. i'm getting there." Papyrus nodded, basically telling Sans to continue, so he did "at the time, me and alphys were experimenting with determination. a question raised in alphys's mind, she wondered what would happen when something without a soul gains the will to live. so alphys picked up a flower from the king's garden and experimented with it, the flower had asriel's dust on. that's how flowey was born. flowey is asriel. never knew giving a buttercup flower determination would have caused such a horrible disaster." Papyrus tilted his head yet again, Sans shifted uncomfortably on the couch, then continued "before frisk fell, flowey had control of resets and saves. he used the power for good quite a lot, he hung around you, too. it was quite fun, to be honest. i'd mess with him quite a lot. but eventually... he got bored, he did and knew everything that was possible; every line, every secret, every outcome, he knew. he began genocide, i killed him a few times which caused him to reset. he still liked messing with you... that pissed me off. guess you were just more fun than the other monsters." He paused for a little, then continued "after a lot of genocide runs, he got bored of that, too. he knew every outcome that possibly existed now. but then, the kid fell. he didn't have the power to reset anymore, the kid did."

Papyrus wasn't even surprised this time, he had gotten used to Sans's knowledge being far from his, or anyone else's in the underground in fact, save for Flowey of course. He responded with "I SEE... BUT FLOWEY MIGHT'VE CHANGED!" Sans smiled, no matter what, Papyrus never changes. Sans nodded "you might be right, paps. but you can't be too careful around him. if he hurts you in any way, tell me." Sans said the last sentence with a lot of aggression, he won't hesitate to kill that flower if he had done anything to Papyrus. He was thinking about talking to that flower himself, but won't say anything to Papyrus about it. Anyway, Papyrus agreed to telling Sans if Flowey does anything to him, Sans was relieved to hear that.

*(Picture Link: https://ro.pinterest.com/pin/634515034978231411/

< Hope Ya Enjoyed This Chapter, I Don't Know How Long This Book'll Be, But It'll Probably Be Around 40 Pages Or Less, So It's 'Close' To Ending I Suppose~! Again, Theory Might Be Incorrect, Not Completely My Whole Theory, Bits And Pieces From Short/Long Comics~ Mostly From "Flowey Is Not A Good Life Couch" Comic, Hope That's The Right Name. If You Have Any Questions, I'll Try To Answer Them As Best As I Can. See You Next Chapter~ >