Chapter 6; Comfort

Papyrus and Sans had left Alphys's Lab so they could get home, Sans was relieved. An awkward atmosphere surrounded the two brothers, the older out of the two started to sweat while Papyrus was trying to think of something to say "SO..." he paused, then continued "THE HUMAN IS COMING TODAY, RIGHT? WHAT DO WE DO?" Sans sighed and stayed quiet for a couple of seconds until he figured out what to say "well, we can't do much, anyway. it's not in our power to, we're powerless to stop them, the only thing we can do is hope that they'd have mercy and free us all or at least..." His voice whispered the next sentence "...not kill you.." Papyrus glanced at his older brother, he was concerned about him. If the human did come and decide to kill everyone again, including himself, he wouldn't know what Sans would do. He had probably seen this a hundred times already, how was he still sane? Papyrus reached for Sans's hand and held it, Sans looked at the taller skeleton with a puzzled and nervous look, Papyrus smiled at him and held his hand tighter, eventually, Sans did, too.

When they got home they let go of each other's hand, Papyrus rushed, starting to clean the place and made spaghetti for the human. Sans walked up to his room, got a notebook from one of his cupboards and started reading it while lying on his mattress, it was written in Wingdings 1. It read information about timelines, possibilities and outcomes, Determination and Papyrus; If he had said or done something unusual, well, mostly Papyrus at least, there were a few notes about Undyne, Alphys, The King, Toriel and even the kiddo's behavior. Practically a few notes 'bout everyone he knew, but again, mostly Papyrus because he lived with him.

After a few minutes of scanning through the pages, he heard a knock on his bedroom door, the familiar voice spoke "UM, SANS? ARE YOU AWAKE?" Sans walked over to the door and opened it "mhm, was there something you wanted?" Papyrus nodded and asked "WHEN WILL THE HUMAN COME?" Sans looked up to his brother and answered "well, around 2 PM, but i don't know for sure. when they do come, act like you've never seen them, you're not supposed to know that they were coming. act like you would when you first meet a human and i'll do the same." Sans spoke in a stern and serious voice, Papyrus nodded and walked away.

Sans sighed to himself, opening up to Papyrus made him feel better, but... well, it really might've been a bad choice for him to make, if Papyrus couldn't act like he normally would around the kid, they'd definitely catch on and never leave him and Sans alone, they might start resetting more seeing that their 'game' was finally changing, which worried Sans, he doesn't know how many more resets he can deal with until he lost his sansity, heh. In another AU Sans had lost his sanity and killed everyone so the human wouldn't be able to gain anymore LV, that AU is called Dusttale. He didn't want the same thing happening to him, he didn't want to kill his brother. He sighed long, got up and looked at the time, it read 8:43 AM, this was going to be a long day.

He left his room heading down stairs to where Papyrus was, he flopped on the couch and stared blankly at the turned off TV. Papyrus sat next to Sans, Sans didn't even notice until he heard his name being called out "SANS...?" he turned to Papyrus and answered "yes, paps?" Papyrus was twiddling with his thumbs, before he spoke again "ARE YOU NERVOUS ABOUT THE HUMAN COMING?" Sans stayed silent for a couple of seconds before responding "eh, i'm just ready for the worst, so should you be." Papyrus scooted closer to Sans so he could hug him, Sans seemed shocked and was shaking a little, Papyrus noticed. He tried looking at Sans face-to-face but Sans hid his face in Papyrus's chest. He didn't want his younger brother to see him, he was in the verge of tears, he didn't want his tears to fall in front of Papyrus anymore. 

After a minute of Sans being embraced by his younger brother in silence, Sans spoke up "uh, paps, when're you plannin' to let go?" Papyrus responded with a stern yet concerned tone "WHEN YOU LOOK AT ME." Sans was a bit confused, but looked up to his younger brother anyway "THAT'S BETTER." Papyrus smiled and let go of Sans, but still faced him. Papyrus said "YOU KNOW, IT'S OKAY TO CRY, CRYING HELPS." Sans was shocked, how did he know Sans was about to cry? Sans looked down, Papyrus sighed "BROTHER, I WANT YOU TO BE MORE OPEN AND HONEST WITH ME, YOU NEVER TELL ME ANYTHING, EVEN THOUGH IT'S CLEAR YOU'RE HURTING AND YOU NEED HELP." He paused, then continued "YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU, SANS, AND IT HURTS TO SEE YOU LIKE THIS, YOU MIGHT THINK YOU'RE KEEPING ME SAFE AND UNHARMED EMOTIONALLY OR PHYSICALLY IF YOU KEEP THINGS FROM ME, BUT YOU'RE WRONG. IT HURTS MORE SEEING YOU LIKE THIS..." Sans was on the verge of tears again, he lunged forward to his younger brother in a sobbing mess, gripping Papyrus's back tightly. Papyrus held him closer and rubbed circles on his back, trying to comfort him, Papyrus smiled a little knowing his brother depended on him.

10 minutes of complete sobbing onto Papyrus's chest he finally stopped, only sniffling could be heard from the smaller skeleton and occasional hiccups. Sans spoke with a cracked voice "...thanks bro." Papyrus smiled, his brother was being cute "NO PROBLEM, SANS." 

Sans had fallen asleep in Papyrus's embrace, Papyrus slowly and gently laid his brother on the couch, stroking his head gently while light snoring could be heard from the older male, Papyrus gave him a small peck on his forehead and left the living room heading to his brother's room.

*(Picture Link: https://ro.pinterest.com/pin/625226360747353181/) 

< Another Emotional Chapter For Sans~ Well, Sorry If It Bothers You In Any Way. >