Chapter 4: Never take lessons from a turkish bellydancer

Mamma Mia meet the rest of the Familia

***

"Aaaaasebenyaaababakishikakaaaa!"

Fathers really are a strange species. Perhaps her's more so than others.

Aliana lifted her head from staring at her phone for too long, seeing her dad walk in from the outside showers wearing a bright red beanie and long yellow raincoat. At first she thought she was imagining it.

She wasn't-she really, unfortunately was not.

She also had the urge to scream "What are those!" upon glancing at his neon orange, questionable looking, adidas trainers.

"Hello to you too father." She came out with instead, cringing internally at every squelch that came out when he began shedding the pantomime outfit.

Aliana settled her phone down on the sofa and made room for her father, who had since stripped his funky attire and crashed onto the bouncy pillows.

Aliana's whole world shook. "Dad, you fatso, you made the room shake,"

Her dad switched on the TV. "I made your mothers whole world shake before."

Aliana gagged dramatically sending her father a disgusted look.

"As fun as it is watching you freak out the little one over here." Spoke Kaden, tapping her head like a child. "I'm afraid you're going to have to keep the explicit talk about you and mum private. I'd also like to keep my food in my stomach please."

Kaden sat on the single leather armchair in the corner grinning fully at her dad who winked at him as they both laughed together.

Aliana was confused. (When wasn't she?)

Perhaps mum had slipped some LSD into there food.

Her mind tripped over the time when she accidentally smacked her plate of fries into Isaac, one day in the canteen. The room went boisterous with laughs and pitiful 'awww's which made her cringe even to this day.

Her cheeks had stayed permanently red the entire time. Mum thought she was wearing too much blush again. Muttering LSD- as she went at it with a dish cloth.

"What the hell mum?" She asked, stuck between the sink and her mothers body keeping her in place as she wiped her cheeks. Her back dug in painfully into the marble, but Aliana held back her wince.

The blush got worse. So did her humiliation.

"Oh hush, LSD it and your cheeks should be fine," her mother spoke innocently.

Aliana gaped at her mother, cheeks raw and hot. "Mum!"

Her mother stopped and peered at her confused. "What, did I do something wrong?"

"You just told me to take drugs,"

"Drugs? I said no such thing young lady." Aliana sighed.

Perhaps her mum had been talking to there foreign neighbour again. The Turkish belly dancer who was hiding from a questionable past with the Mafia. She had her mother doing and saying all kinds of shit when she would return home. One day mum decided to show her a hip drop: bellydance tip 1, it ended up with her old woman stretched out on an A&E bed because she had sprained her hip and lower back.

From that day on, Aliana knew never to trust a turkish bellydancer...or her mums eager (failed)  attempts at dancing.

"Mum, what does LSD stand for?" She questioned, arching a perfect brow.