Chapter 25

"Are you serious?" Emma asks.

Regina swallows her sadness before answering. "Yes, apparently the anonymous bidder backed out at the last second, found something better and then all I need to do is draw up the paperwork, you need to sign a bunch of stuff and the house is yours."

Emma is tearing up. "Thank you so much, Regina, I don't know how to thank you."

I can think of a few ways, she thinks to herself. "Emma, it's the least I can do for you after you helped me out all those years ago."

"And they were most definitely worth it," the blonde smiles. "I can't wait to tell Killian and Henry."

"How is he adjusting to the whole idea?" Regina asks.

"Slow and steady, I guess you can say. He's still a bit upset, but he's warming up to it. Dr. Hopper's really helping as well. Someone, who we also need to thank you for suggesting."

"No problem... Glad to hear that everything in your life is going well..."

Emma frowns. "Are you all right Regina?"

"Yes, why do you ask?"

"Well, first off, my lie detector just went off when you said that and there's something in your voice. What happened?"

"Nothing, just been having a few rough days at work..."

"Regina, I can tell you're lying. You can tell me the truth."

Zelena's threat flashes into her mind again and the brunette is on the verge of tears. She wants more than anything to tell Emma the truth, but if her sister was willing to go this far to ruin someone's life, there was no doubt she'd keep her rampage going. She bites her lip hard and decides partial truth could get past Emma's "superpower".

"Robin and I broke up..."

"What?! Why? I thought you guys were doing really well."

"We were, but... some things came up and... we called it quits."

"Just like that?" Emma asks, still very much suspicious.

"Y-Yes..." Regina decides to end this call before they go any further. "I've got to go, I have an important business call coming in."

"But..."

The real-estate agent hangs up and then turns her phone off. She puts her head in her hands and begins to cry. This afternoon replays over and over in her head, bringing more tears to her eyes. She's in her pink, silk, lace nightie, which she had bought for her first Valentine's Day with Robin. She looks down in disgust and then rips it from her body. She takes her hands to it and just destroys the material in the fit of rage. She then throws the remains in the trash can next to her bed. She marches to the kitchen in her bathrobe and grabs the nearest bottle of wine and a glass from the shelves. As she turns to the fridge, she sees a picture that Roland had drawn for her. In that fit of rage, she smashes the glass against the drawing before going into her bathroom. She fills the tub with cold water and opens the bottle of wine. Once she gets inside, she feels her anger become more and more prominent in the ice-cold bath. She takes swigs directly from the bottle and then lays back staring at the ceiling of her bathroom. Tears began falling down her face, adding to the already seemingly salted water.

Why me? Why does it always have to be me? What if I had just run away with Daniel when I had the chance? Before everything happened. Would I be this miserable? We could be hippies or even living in France, someplace nice, surrounded by beautiful children. Why did it have to end with Leo and George? Could we have made it work? Why must I be victimized like this? I've done enough good in my life to deserve some type of consolation...!

Regina puts her head under water for a few long seconds and the thought of drowning herself crosses her mind. She stares upwards at the surface of the water and she swears she can see her red-haired half-sister staring down at her, a smile on her face. No... sister be damned. They technically were not fully related by blood so, she could just be a woman that she hates. A woman who ruined her lifetime after time and wanted her gone from her very existence... It's bad enough that they shared a mother, but they were still after each other after so many years. Zelena refused to grow up. She was like one of the mean girls in high school who wanted nothing more than to ruin their target's life.

After taking her cold bath, Regina brings the bottle of wine to her bedroom, drinks what she can before placing it on the nightstand, shutting all the lights off and crying herself to sleep.

...

The following morning, she didn't want to get out of bed. She called in sick for work and just lay there in the dark, wishing how different her life was. At least, it couldn't get any worse.

...

Across town, Robin wakes up with a splitting headache. Last night's events are a big blur. His mouth is dry and his stomach turns every so often. His eyes try to adjust to the morning light and soon he realizes that he is not in his own bed. He expected to hear Ana or Will up making themselves breakfast, but instead, it's completely silent. The bedspread that is around him is Egyptian cotton and patterned with dark green flowers. The entire room is unfamiliar with fancy art pieces on the walls and a walk-in closet. He realizes that he doesn't have any clothes on, they are strewn about the strange bedroom with a woman's attire as well. There is also an empty beer bottle on the glass nightstand. He wraps the comforter around himself, feeling completely embarrassed.

Clearly, he got so drunk that he went to another woman's apartment, betraying Regina. He felt dirty and wanted to take a shower to wash his hangover and shame off.

Suddenly there are footsteps in the hallways and the door opens to see a red-headed woman with blue eyes, dressed in a black lace bra and panties standing there with a cup of coffee in her hands.

"Good morning Handsome," she says with a gleeful smirk on her face.

Robin shrinks into the comforter, wanting to hide and thinking to himself.

What have I done?!

Yep, sorry readers. It happened and sorry that this chapter is shorter. Also with the thought of suicide in this chapter, please, please, PLEASE, if you are thinking about it, seek help immediately. You are worth it in every way and we don't need to lose another beautiful soul.