Chapter 26

Robin is at a loss for words. He cannot believe what he's done. Last night was almost a complete blur to him. He feels like he's betrayed Regina twice over. He did not buy her explanation for why they can't be together but still felt awful enough to go to a bar for a drink. He thought that he was confused before, now his head was spinning. He gazes into the blue eyes of Zelena; she smirks at him behind her cup of coffee.

She, on the other hand, felt amazing and very satisfied. She had set out to do damage and now there was no return. Robin did not deserve Regina, he should be pursuing someone a bit higher on the scale of eligibility. She'd destroyed her sister's happiness and it felt so great.

"W-What happened?" he finally manages to ask.

"What do you think happened?" she chuckles in a high-pitched giggle.

"I-I can't remember."

"Nothing a cup of coffee can't fix; can I make you one Robin?"

"N-No!" he says firmly.

The man starts to gather his bearings. He keeps the comforter around his waist and goes in search of his clothing. His undergarment is next to her closet, his pants hanging from the doorknob and his shirt under the bed. Zelena watches with much glee, enjoying his bumbling antics. He was trying to do damage control and leave with some dignity, but she could tell he had none left. He rushes past her into the bathroom to change.

It takes everything inside of her not to start dancing. She must bite her lip hard to stop herself from laughing. Zelena had finally achieved what she always wanted; to have what Regina was given. She had managed to break the two up and then made her move when he was most vulnerable. To have him for herself. He was very attractive and great in bed, obviously, her younger sister had chosen well. But none of that really mattered to the lawyer, all she wanted to do was get even with Regina and ruin her chances at happiness. She also wanted to watch the man who fired her and rejected her affections squirm and lose much of his pride. She knew there was no coming back from this, no hope for the two lovebirds to ever reunite, and this made the red-head so very happy.

"Do you want something to eat then?" she offers through the door.

"No thank you," is the response.

"Are you sure? A little toast might help that hangover."

"I'm fine!" he insists.

On the other side of the door, Robin is struggling to get back into his clothes because his body is shaking. He feels ashamed and angry at himself. He let himself to be vulnerable and the wicked woman took advantage of that. He let his hurt feelings blind him to what Zelena wanted. Obviously, she got what she wanted and left him a hollow shell. A shell who had slept with his girlfriend's sister. He fights back tears as he thinks of Regina. She'd never want him back now and his heart was slowly breaking. The pain in his chest was worse than the time he'd broken up with Marian. He leans against the door and looks at himself in the mirror.

"You've botched it up this time lad," he whispers to himself.

He emerges from the bathroom, avoiding Zelena's gaze and goes towards the door. He stumbles a little bit and begins searching for his socks and shoes. Both were in very unusual places. Zelena follows him, waiting for Robin to say something.

"Do you want to talk about last night?" she asks.

Robin finally looks at her. "N-No... No thank you. I give you my sincerest apologies. I was very drunk last night and wasn't thinking clearly. I'm sorry to have to tell you this but it shouldn't have happened. I don't want to mislead you in any way, but my heart belongs to another..."