Chapter 45

"So, what do you do for a living Mrs. Mills?"

"It's Miss Mills, unlike my sister, I've never been married."

The two of them sit in a small café a few blocks from the hospital, both enjoying each other's company. After all, misery does love company. Zelena eats an éclair and sips down a bottle of water while "Jacob" has a black coffee.

"That's good to know," Arthur says.

"I'm a lawyer at one of the local firms."

She's rich too, Arthur thinks to himself.

"And do you enjoy it?"

"Very much so. I'm going to miss it when I have this baby."

Arthur smirks a little bit. "How many months are you?"

"Two, almost three."

"Does the father mind that I took you out for a snack?"

"He's hardly involved at all. It was a one-night stand."

"Well that's no good, a woman like you should be taken care of," he purrs.

"I will be, he's a real sucker for doing the right thing, one of those high moral kinds of guys. It'll be easy to get money from him."

"Do you want the father in your baby's life?"

"Hardly, he's just a means to an end at this point."

"So, does that make you available?" Arthur asks leaning in.

Zelena's face flushes red, gazing into this man's blue eyes. His blonde hair covers his forehead only slightly, hiding any wrinkles he might have. Sweat slowly beads on her forehead, but that could also be the hormones too. For some reason, she just finds him irresistible.

"Yes... I am available."

"Well then, I think I might want to take you out sometime... if you'd like."

The red-head liked how forward the man was; he actually seemed to have a little bit of spine to him, much better than Robin or the other jellyfish she's ever slept with. He was very mysterious to her and his attitude gave off an almost dangerous vibe. She was intrigued... almost, she did have to test him first.

"Perhaps... if you'd be willing to offer me flowers and chocolates...?"

Arthur swallows. That was not going to be cheap, especially if he was going to pay for dinner. This woman looked well off in terms of money, she could buy her own damned flowers and chocolates! And yet... this woman was no push-over. He'd seen the type before, she'd manipulate her way to the top, or into bed, which is clearly what she did to get the father of her baby to knock her up. She was definitely not sweet like Gwen was, but she was definitely more exciting. He knew he had to keep this lady smiling. "That depends... are you asking for them?"

"A lady does like to be wooed..."

"You, my dear, are no lady," he smirks.

Zelena feels slightly offended, but the man had guts to say it out loud.

"Are you judging me?" she asks a bit harsher than before.

"Are judging me?" he repeats. He raises an eyebrow.

She shoots him an angry and snobbish look. "I've never felt so insulted."

"Really? Even when that teenager told you to stick your tongue in a wall socket."

Zelena flushes red with anger, she begins to gather her things, ready to leave. She'd never felt so offended before, most men would just fall at her feet to worship the ground she walked on, not talk back to her in a smug and distasteful way. She could sense that he was manipulating her, which was usually her move.