Chapter 41

"Oh, Em she looks just like you," Ruby says as she cradles little Sophie. She then looks down at the baby. "When you get bigger I'm going to dress you up in the prettiest outfits."

"For heaven's sake Ruby, she's a baby, not a doll," Elsa scolds, vying for her turn with the infant.

"Same difference," the waitress says. "At least she can't complain about it yet."

Emma leans back and holds Killian's hand tightly, trying to stay awake and watch her friends and family fawn over their newborn daughter. Henry sits next to her, leaning his head on her shoulder.

"She's quite sturdy," David says, taking his turn with her. "I agree with Ruby, she does look just like you."

"But will Killian's eyes and nose," Anna adds.

Emma gives a tired smile, all the sweat, pain, stress, anger, fear, and blood she'd endured to get to this point, has brought her a new miracle. Looking back now, she wished it was slightly easier in terms of psychological trauma, but she wouldn't change the end result. She closes her eyes for a moment.

When she comes to again, the room is empty except for Killian who is still next to her, holding her hand.

"Where did everyone go?" she asks.

"They all left to let you sleep."

"Henry?"

"I think he's at the vending machine."

"And Sophie?"

"The nurses took her to the nursery for now so you could get some sleep."

Emma leans back, still unable to wipe the smile from her face a smile of genuine happiness.

"Never thought I'd see one of those,"

"It's called a baby," she mutters sarcastically.

"No Swan... a smile," He then kisses her deeply. She pulls him in close, almost to the point where he's pulled off his chair and into her bed. She continues to hunger for his taste, she lusts for his strong arms around her. For the first time in a long time, she had no flashbacks, no moments of anxiety, just pure love for him. Killian runs his hands through her hair, happy to be able to hold his beloved Swan without worrying about whether she'd have a panic attack. He wanted to always be near her, he would never leave her side again.

They continue to kiss until Emma pushes back, not out of fear but remembering where they were. She's already started unbuttoning his shirt and he wanted to undo her hospital robe.

"Easy tiger," she whispers. She winces several times in pain; still not completely recovered from giving birth. "We just had one, we don't need another."

Killian smirks and kisses her neck. "Would that be so bad?" he murmurs. "Another beautiful baby."

"I don't plan on going through that for a long time," she says, trying her best not to give in to his demands.

"But you're still open to it..."

"Maybe..." she whispers, very unsure of how their future was going to go. "Let's focus on this one first."

"Aye," he breathes contently. Emma slides over so Killian can join her in bed. Despite how small it was, the two managed to fit, him holding her in his arms the whole time.

...

Regina stands in front of the glass window looking into the nursery, she stares at the beautiful little girl, swaddled in a pink blanket, with her name Baby Sophie Swan-Jones above her head. She's still trying to fight back the tears, but eventually, she can't anymore. She goes to a quiet corner at the end of the hall to cry in privacy.