Chapter 53

"Another cup of tea, my sweet Zelena?" Arthur asks as the two were spending the day together... or rather the day in bed together.

The couple from hell were continuing to get closer and closer to one another with each passing day. Zelena was warming up to the mysterious man, who seemed to always want to spoil her and the baby. He was very accepting of her strong and slightly vain personality, he didn't mind that she was carrying someone else's baby, and he especially loved learning all about her. She found him dangerous, but also exciting; she could tell that he had a lot going on beneath the surface and she was dying to know what sort of secrets he held. He was strong, confident, smart, and amazing in bed. The lawyer had been skeptical of him in the beginning, but now, she felt like he really cared for her and he wanted to spend as much time as he could with the feisty red-head that she was.

"No thank you, the baby has had quite enough," she says, scrolling through her phone while wrapped in her silken sheets.

"Jacob" comes back with a cup of coffee for himself and climbs into bed next to her. He adored her spacey apartment, so much better than the hole he'd been staying in. For the first time, when Zelena asked to spend the night at his place, he was actually honest that his apartment was a dump and not nearly good enough to hold her presence inside of it. He also could not offer healthy foods for her and the baby either. She understood and did not question it any further.

Arthur King noticed that the dynamic and devious red-head was trusting him more as time went by. In the beginning, he could tell that she was just as cautious and more skeptical as he had been when they first met. Neither seemed to trust one another, which seems wise in perspective. However, now it seemed she'd give him everything he'd ever wanted and perhaps more. There were times when Arthur had to remind himself the whole purpose of dating Zelena Mills was in the first place.

It was obvious to him that neither Emma nor any of their other friends liked this lawyer, which made keeping tabs on his former captive much harder. He had to cut back on his spying in order to make time for this wicked woman who gave him immense pleasure. But like a tiger in the jungle, he is patient. He managed to get bits and pieces from his girlfriend, which would benefit him, but Arthur wasn't sure how just yet. Yes, the threatening letter had worked, it put the blonde on edge, but he was not living up to his word. He wasn't watching her every move nor was he stalking her teenage son or the boyfriend... he felt like he should. Deep inside, he partially regretted writing the letter to Emma. It put her guard up. On his stake-outs, he'd watch her lock all the windows and doors, she'd barely leave the house unless it was absolutely necessary, and even then, she would not be alone with the baby. While it scared her, it didn't give him the chance to snatch baby Sophie... his daughter. While the name was...decent, he didn't fully like it. If Emma had stayed captured and given birth to the baby girl while in captivity, he would have named her Angel, Willow, or even after his mother. It better suited the product of his nights with his captive. He had had little say on naming Megan back when she was born, and here was the blown opportunity to name his daughter a more desirable name. He still didn't have a plan, and he kept kicking himself for wasting time with this woman... and yet, he gave her his fix, she was ambitious and dangerous, a real vixen that pulled him in with her charms and body.

Arthur gets back into bed with Zelena, he begins nibbling on her neck, giving in to his passions once again. Since she wasn't showing signs of being pregnant yet, the two could be as ambitious as they wanted, but she had warned him that when the baby does start to show, they would have to take more care. At least, he'll still be able to sleep with her. When Gwen was pregnant with both their children, he was not allowed to touch her at all.

However, despite his advances, Zelena is more engrossed in her phone than him.

"Come on babe..." he purrs, kissing her shoulders and running his hand up and down her back. He moves his hand up her thigh, which he knows is a turn on for her. "Let's have some fun..."