Chapter 35

"What the hell are you talking about Zelena?" Regina demands.

"Well considering that I am the only one in this family who can get pregnant now I thought it would be a nice way to celebrate such good news."

Regina shakes her head to try and comprehend what her half-sister just said. "Stop bragging about yourself and find the door. Emma doesn't need stressful situations just before she gives birth."

"Noted Sis, I now know what to avoid when I get to that stage."

The brunette's head is still scrambled. She's trying to decipher what Zelena is implying, she just didn't want to believe it... she needed more proof.

"Why do you keep talking like that?"

Zelena rolls her eyes. "I'm trying to tell you that I'm pregnant you idiot." She then hands over a black and white sonogram picture of an indistinguishable shape.

Regina needs to grab the table as she nearly passes out at this news. Her eyes are filling with tears, tears of jealousy mostly. Her bitch of a sister finally did the one thing that she never could do, bring new life into the world. It made her angry, but also very confused, Zelena was the last person one would expect to get pregnant, or better yet want to be pregnant. She was a very busy lawyer and never had a relationship that lasted longer than a weekend. She blinks very hard at the picture that the red-head is holding up. It was a sonogram picture no doubt...

"W-What... h-how...how... hell..."

"I knew you'd be surprised," Zelena chirps happily. Some of the guests have now noticed the uninvited guest, including Emma, who approaches the lawyer first.

"Hi...Zelena," the pregnant mother says. "What a surprise..."

"It is, isn't it?" she smirks. "You know, it really isn't a party without me you know."

"It doesn't stay a party with you," Ruby mutters and Emma stomps on her friend's foot to shut her up.

"I guess so," Emma says, not really sure how she wants to react to the party crasher. After what the lawyer had done to break up Regina and Robin by blackmailing her sister and holding the house that she and Killian were going to buy "hostage" no one had spoken, much less wanted to see her since then She had been nothing but mean to them and didn't even offer to help with moving in, so she was slowly being squeezed out of the circle of friends. Plus, with the way she was insulting everyone at the baby store, the further everyone stayed away from the red-head, that happier they were overall.

"Oh Emma, you've gotten so big," Zelena says, walking over and putting her hands on the blonde's belly. Her green painted nails run along her maternity shirt and her hands are ice cold, sending a chill up Emma's spine. The expectant mother takes a step back, out of the woman's reach and into the supportive arms of her best friend. "Won't be long now. Have we come up with a name yet?"

"Why should you care?" Ruby glares at her. "It's not like you were here to help us when we were discussing it."

"I was very busy, I've been working non-stop on some very high-profile cases, I barely have time to sleep anymore."

"But you seem to have enough of it to let some guy knock you up," Ruby snaps back.

Everyone's eyes go wide and several gasps escape their lips. Lacey swallows an uncomfortable lump in her throat, while Anna and Ruby stare at Zelena suspiciously. Mey Ling shrinks into the shadows away from everything, while Mary Margret and Aurora cling to Emma's arms to provide her with some support.

There is a long silence as no one speaks.

"What? No congratulations?" Zelena asks in a whiny voice.

"You didn't exactly congratulate Emma when she became pregnant, nor myself either," Mary Margret says bravely.

"Well, I didn't exactly see Emma when she became pregnant. She was off in the hands of another man. Are you sure it's the docks man with the eyeliner? I'd say Arthur King would've been the better choice."

Emma swallows her anger as much as possible. If looks could kill, Zelena would be dead on the living room floor. Her hands clasp into tight fists, she bites her tongue hard, and her hormones send her emotions off the deep end. Mary Margret and Aurora tighten their grasp on their friend, trying to make sure she didn't do something she'd regret.

"Then you can go marry him!" Anna snaps.

"I can't, what man would have me now that I'm damaged goods?"

"Your good were damaged long before anyone could touch them," Regina adds, still trying to recover from the shock.

"Subtle Sis, and how many men have been unable to touch yours because of what happened with your first boyfriend."

Regina squeezes the edge of the table, trying to say a mantra in her head, something to keep her from strangling her wicked sister.

She got it from Mom. She got it from Mom, she says over and over.

"Why don't you take your broom and go fly back to Oz where you belong?!" Ruby snarls.

"Want to come with me, I'm sure you'd love to f*** all my flying monkeys... all the female ones at least"

Ruby's temper flares the highest it's ever been. She storms towards the evil woman, intent on beating the snot out of her prissy nose, but Granny steps in just in time, grabbing her granddaughter by the arm. The dyed hair woman begins to fight the grip, trying to elbow her grandmother so she could have a shot at the chance to rip out a chunk of Zelena's red-hair.

"Don't do it, Ruby..." Granny says sternly. "It may look like fun, but she's not worth it."

"Let go of me, she deserves what's coming to her!"

"You wouldn't hit a pregnant woman, now would you?" the red-head smirks.

"You'd be surprised how low my standards are," Ruby snaps.

"Just like your taste in men and women..."

"Get the hell out of my house!" Emma barks, having enough of this.

"Why Emma...? How could you say such a thing, I thought we were friends?"

Emma gives off a snort of derision. "That friendship ended the moment you tried to force your sister to break up with her boyfriend and tried to buy my house. You expect people to just automatically like you when really, you're a vain, self-centred bitch with mommy issues! No one wants you around because you're cruel and evil in every way. I don't want my baby anywhere near you. And I feel sorry for whoever you tricked into knocking you up and I feel bad for the baby inside you that has such a witch for a mother. You show up here and ruin my baby shower by upstaging me and insulting my family. Get out and don't ever come back!"

Zelena looks genuinely surprised by Emma's outburst and a little hurt. The words spoken by her former friend stung, more than she anticipated. She knows that everyone is going to be on the pregnant woman's side and decides to leave with what dignity she has left.

"Very well," she says, she straightens her blouse and walks towards the door.

"And take your spawn sonogram with you..." Ruby shouts.

"No, you can keep it, I figured Regina would want to show it to Robin, considering it's the only glimpse he'll get of his baby..."

She then slams the door shut behind her.

Zelena has a serious acid tongue. (and sorry for the swearing that the anti-lesbian comment said to Ruby) I hate her a lot and this just about proves it. Sorry to those who didn't want this to happen.