Chapter 28

"So, Emma, how do you think Henry is adjusting to moving now?" Dr. Hopper asks.

"He gets better every day. I think he more or less accepts it now."

"That's good to hear. And how has the bonding been going? Are you spending lots of time with him?"

"As much as I can," Emma nods. She grabs Killian's hand tightly. Today was just a couple's session, while Henry had mid-terms.

"And Killian, how is the communication going between the two of you."

"Very well... I see more of the old Emma every day." He kisses her cheek gently.

"Well, I must say that all three of you have progressed well in the last month or so. I knew it would not be easy, but you've all tried to work through every problem as a team. And how the preparation for the move and the new arrival?"

"Slowly. It's not easy packing up the place you've called home for the last fifteen years," Emma says.

"Aye, in addition, we're moving from two different locations to one."

"Very understandable. Have we had any conflicts recently?"

"Just a few, I think most of them are caused by the hormones and how uncomfortable I am. We fought over furniture and moving trucks last week. It seemed so pointless now that we think about it."

...

Last week.

"Henry, what is too small for you so we can give things away?" Emma asked, sitting in front of her son's closet.

"Mom, I told you I'd pack for myself," he responds from his desk, doing algebra.

"I know but we do have a deadline to move in..." She pauses, remembering about being gentle with her son, after all, this move is hard for him. "I'm sorry Bug, I know you have a lot going on at school, but please try to make an effort as soon as you can."

"I will Mom, I promise," he nods.

Emma comes over and kisses her son's head before the door of the apartment opens. She heaves her baby bump up and goes to greet her boyfriend. She travels down the hall past empty and partially full boxes. All this moving is starting to stress her out. They have less than three months left to prepare for the baby and it seems like everything is going really slowly. She can't lift or pack for long periods of time because her feet are swelling and her back is hurting. She can't sleep in any good positions because of the bump and her nightmares are still haunting her. Therefore, she also has less and less energy with each passing day.

She smiles when she sees Killian and wraps him in a hug.

"How's my Swan today?"

"Not great,"

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"I wish there was some way to make packing go faster. How's it going on your end?"

"Better, it's just hard to sort what is mine and what is Will's or Robin's."

"I'm glad somebody's making progress."

"I've been meaning to talk to you about something Swan, what about the furniture?"

"What do you mean?"

"Are there things that I can bring from my apartment?"

"There'll certainly be lots of room for it..."

"Because if not, I was either going to donate or sell them."

"Selling might give us more money."