Chapter 32

"Henry, where do you want your comic books?" David asks, lugging another big cardboard box into the teen's new room.

"Just in the corner, for now, please," he answers. "Most are going on my bookshelf."

David does as the teen asks and steps back to take in the currently empty space. Henry is sorting through his books on the floor, figuring out which can go on different shelves. The room is much larger than his room in the apartment, with two windows on opposite walls giving him a great view of the front and backyard, the closet is twice as big as his old one for clothes and shoes, and there is enough wall space for all his posters and pictures.

"Looks kind of empty right now huh?" David asks.

"Just wait a week or two, it'll be filled with dirty laundry, comic books, and candy wrappers," Emma smirks. She carries a bag over her shoulder and a box filled with towels and sheets past her son's room.

Henry shoots his mom a dirty look but goes back rifling through his books. Killian takes a heavy box down the hall to the master bedroom. He places it down, while Emma follows him. The two take a quiet moment, interlocking hands.

"What do you think?" she asks quietly.

"A bit of dusting and some paint, but other than that it looks amazing..."

"Especially the view," she says guiding Killian over to the window. The two look out through the gray landscape and can see the older parts of the Boston Harbour. Several old ships are moored in the marina and beyond that, there is nothing but the blue of the Massachusetts Bay. She can tell Killian is having a moment, staring at the breath-taking sight. "It's not the ocean in Ireland, but it's the closest we can get." She then lays her head on his shoulder.

"Liam would be happy to live here," he whispers softly. Emma gives his hand a comforting squeeze.

They stand in silence for a little while until a voice interrupts their bliss.

"Oy, you expect us to bring all the furniture into the house by ourselves?" Will asks, he carries several table lamps meant for either side of their soon to be built bed.

"I'm sorry Will," Killian sighs. He gives Emma a kiss on the cheek before going to help his former roommates bring in the heavy stuff.

The blonde feels a little bit guilty that she can't help more; she is a strong person and is more than capable of assisting in carrying the heavy types of furniture like the beds or the leather couch. However, with their daughter less than four months from being born, she had to take it easy.

She goes over to the nightstand that once stood in her old apartment. She digs through the bag she was carrying and removes a picture of her, Henry, and Neal. She places it down and steps back. Even though Neal is no longer living with them, he is still Henry's father and deserves to be recognized as such. She knows that she will have to add a picture of her, Henry, Killian and the new baby soon. She cannot believe how much her life has changed. She feels tears rush into her eyes. More than six months ago, she was a lonely single mom, who took down criminals and avoided various attachments. Now, she was moving into a new house, with her boyfriend and she was carrying their baby. Not everything that happened was good, but she taking small steps to recover. She never imagined this is how her life would go, but she was thankful for the good things.

She goes downstairs to see Mary Margret already starting to unpack the kitchen appliances, with Jacob sitting in his baby bucket on the island counter watching. The blonde reaches in and scoops up the little one, becoming more and more comfortable with babies, reassuring for the anxiety she felt towards becoming a mother again.