Chapter 36

Everyone stands in complete silence, some looking at Regina and some looking at the sonogram photo that now lays on the ground. Emma immediately tries to go to her friend, to provide some comfort. She reaches out to grab the brunette's hand, but Regina rips it from her grasp.

"Don't touch me!" she insists.

"Regina, don't believe what she said, she probably just made the whole thing up to piss you off..."

But, the real-estate agent doesn't seem to hear her friend as her brown eyes continue to stare at the ground, at the picture of the child inside her sister. In her mind, she's doing the math. It'd been almost two months since the whole fiasco with Zelena had happened and that she'd been forced to break up with Robin. Her stomach turns violently, thinking about why Zelena wanted her away from Robin. The half-sister could've asked for money or something expensive as a bribe, but instead insisted on separation and why...

Her heart rams against her chest in fear and anger. That can't mean... there were several hours, close to a day where she'd lost track of Robin, could that mean? Why didn't he tell her?!

"It's real, Emma, she's not stick skinny anymore," Mary Margret says quietly. "You and I should both know."

Aurora nods in agreement. Everyone looks at Regina, who has tears dancing on the edge of her eyes.

"But it can't be Robin's!" Elsa insists. "You two only broke up for a couple of hours..."

"A couple of hours is all she'd need Elsa," Ruby swallows, regretting her words immediately.

Regina looks very hurt and confused. Emma again tries to offer comfort, but this causes the brunette to snap.

"Stay away from me!" she snarls.

"Regina, calm down," Mary Margret says firmly. "This is exactly what Zelena wants, to get under your skin."

"Well, she succeeded. All she's done is try to ruin my life and I think at this point she's done the one thing I can't..."

"Regina, we know you're upset, but..." Emma begins.

"But nothing! At least you get to carry a baby, while I can't even give my boyfriend that..."

"He doesn't want another baby though..." Mary Margret insists.

"How the hell would you know that?!" Regina barks. She grabs the sonogram photo from the ground and storms out of the house, slamming the door in the same way that her sister did a few minutes earlier. She leaves her friends stunned and heartbroken for her. What a way to end a baby shower.

...

Regina pulls up in front of his apartment complex and gets out, leaving her car running because she knows this will not take very long. She fumes up the stairs and pounds on the apartment door.

Will opens the door, standing with a Coke bottle in one hand and wearing only boxer shorts. He looks very surprised and then scared when he sees how angry she looks.

"Wow, an angry woman at the door is usually what happens to me..."

"CUT THE CLOWNING, where's your roommate?!"

Will swallows and takes a step back.

"Uh... Rob..."

"What now Will?"

"Your girlfriend is here and she's pissed to high hell,"

Robin comes around the corner into her view and he becomes very uncomfortable. Regina pushes past the roommate, right into the apartment without a second thought. She walks right up to him and slaps him across the face. He steps back in shock, holding his face.