Chapter 49

"How's my lovely little princess today," Killian asks as he walks into the kitchen.

Sophie lays in her infant seat on the kitchen island as her mother made breakfast. She seemingly gurgles, recognizing her father's voice and she kicks. The docks man kisses her on the cheek and lets her grab his finger. Emma sighs heavily, barely able to stay awake as she cooks eggs and bacon in a skillet.

"Are you all right love?" Killian asks, turning his attention towards his lovely blonde Swan.

"Just tired," she admits. "Sophie had to have three feedings through the night."

He wraps his arms around her waist. "It gets better Swan it definitely will."

She sighs again. "I hope so."

"But she was worth it, wasn't she?"

"Every moment," Emma smiles.

She turns to kiss Killian tightly. They embrace one another for a long few moments until they both smell something burning. In a panic, Killian turns around to save the bacon and fried eggs. Just then Henry comes down the stairs with his books and backpack, all ready for school. He hops up on the island and helps himself to some orange juice. He then goes into the fridge and grabs a slice of cold pizza.

"Morning Kid," his mother says, walking over and takes the slice away from him. She puts a plate down of eggs and bacon instead.

"Morning Mom, Killian, Sophie,"

"Do you have your yearbook money?" she asks.

"Yep, also Mom, is it okay if I go to the library after school?"

"Sure, but why?"

"Violet and I have to do a project together, we'll be home by 6,"

"That's fine with me, just be careful downtown."

"I will I promise," he says as he wolfs down his breakfast and then gets ready to leave for the bus.

"Bye guys," he says before shutting the door behind him.

Killian chuckles to himself as he eats his own breakfast.

"What?" Emma asks quizzically.

"Do you really think the lad will be studying?"

"Probably not, I know what that statement usually implies. I did go to high school you know. He can make his own decisions. I just want the kid to be careful, relationships are so hard sometimes and I don't want him to get hurt."

"I understand love," he says comfortingly as she sits next to him, making sure Sophie was comfortable."I don't want him to get hurt either, but I've met Miss Violet, and she'd never break his heart on purpose."

"That's not exactly comforting," she grumbles, eating her own breakfast.

The infant stares at her parents with her father's bright blue eyes, watching them talk between one another quietly. She kicks her foot occasionally in response to their gentle voices, one she would learn to be Mommy's and the other Daddy's.

"By the way, have you seen Sophie's blanket?"

"The one Granny knitted?"

"Yeah, I can't find it anywhere, I've looked all over the house."

"It didn't go in with the washing did it?" Killian asks.

"No, it can't be washed like that. Did you put it anywhere?" she asks.

"I don't think so, you?"

"We had it the other night when we went to the docks, but... I hope we didn't leave it there. It's way too special..."