Chapter 31

Emma, Neal, and Henry head downstairs, closing their apartment door for the last time. David is just closing the back of the moving van and turns to the small family on the street. He smiles at them sympathetically and pulls all of them in for a hug.

"Moving is never easy... I know that for a fact."

Emma gives a weak smile and rubs her hand over her stomach. "It's time to start anew." She pulls her jacket over her growing child and zips it up. It's a tight fit considering how big her daughter is becoming.

She then heads over to her bug, which Killian is driving. The back is almost completely stuffed to the brim with stuff, leaving only a little room for Henry to sit. Neal goes for his own car, while David, his own truck. Once in the passenger seat, Killian leans over and kisses Emma on the cheek. She turns and meets his lips.

"Are you all right, Love?" he asks once they break apart.

"Just sad," she explains. "It's like leaving a part of me behind."

"It will always be there Swan. And hopefully, now, a new family can move in and create new memories like you, Henry, and Neal had..." He understood completely as to why she was sad, after all, he left Ireland when he was only five and never saw his homeland again. No matter how beneficial the move was for them, it was still sad... a home is where they create memories, where they felt safe, where they felt loved...

"I hope so..." she says quietly.

"Besides, we have our own memories to make..." he smiles, putting his hand on her stomach. The two kiss once more before the moving van honks the horn, indicating they had to get moving. Killian puts the bug in gear and drives across the snow-covered parking lot. Emma and Henry stare longingly at the building, memories flowing through their heads before the car makes a turn and it vanishes completely.

...

"Come on Will," Robin groans. He throws his half-naked roommate out of bed by flipping the sheets from under him. Mr. Scarlett lands on the floor with a thump but continues to snore, face in the dingy carpet, one foot still on the bed. He sleeps in his tightie whities, an empty rum bottle next to his bed.

"How drunk can one man be?" the personal trainer groans.

Robin cranks the volume on his phone and puts it next to Will on the floor. The dark-haired man doesn't even stir. He goes to the kitchen to get a glass of water and throws it in his roommate's face. The sleeping slob merely rolls over and mutters something in his sleep.

He then smirks, knowing exactly what will get him up.

He grabs Will's phone from the nightstand and pretends to open it.

"Hey Ana," he says, loudly that he's sure the lazy bum on the floor can hear it. He walks out of the room and continues to raise his voice louder and louder during this pretend conversation. "Yeah, he's asleep again. Yes, he did get drunk last night. I know. We are supposed to help Killian move today. What's that? Really? Your ex-boyfriend texted you... and what did he say ab..."

Robin never has to finish his sentence because Will is off the floor and out of his room, trying to grab the phone. He hides the smile of satisfaction as his idiot roommate fumble to put the phone to his ear.

"Ana...? Ana, what happened? What did Lewis say..."

Will glares at his snickering roommate, "That was a dirty trick mate."

"It was the only way to get you off your lazy ass."

"Why must you torment me so?"

"Did you forget that we're helping Killian and Emma move in today?"