Chapter 1

Today could quite possibly be the best day of my life... Or it could be the worst. Right now though, I am trying to be positive.

How's that working for you?

Ugh curse my brain.

Your brain is what got you this scholarship.

That part is true. My name is Ruth Alin. And today, I start the Magnifique royal college. Yeah..Royal school. Just to clarify, I am not royal, by any means. Magnifique is a royal school, but if you are talented in an area, than you have a chance to go there. My best friend Scarlet and I got accepted because of our ACT scores and GPA. I had to convince her to actually come. She was afraid of being picked on by the royal, which is a fair point. They probably won't like some scholarship kids. But, Magnifique is a very good school. It gives the best education in the world. I told her we can't let some royals hold us back from being in this dream college.

Not going to lie, kind of regretting my decision.

But too late for regrets. Time to get ready.

It's so early.

I prefer to be early, than worrying about being late.

So I ate a protein shake and some waffles, than headed to my closet.

Ok... What says I'm cool, but not trying to hard?

I picked out a sweatshirt and black joggers.

Well they won't think I'm trying to hard.

I put my milk chocolate brown hair into a ponytail, and grabbed my bag. I took a glance at my phone.

One new message
Scarlet
Hey just wanted to let you know, I'm wearing a blouse and jeans to school! HINT HINT. I know you need the fashion help! <3

I rolled my eyes, and fished out my keys.

Time to go get Scarlet.
--------
She closed the door shut, and stared at me.

"What are you wearing?" She giggled. She had curled her long red hair, and she put on mascara, which defined her bright green eyes.

I looked at my lazy outfit, and touched my face.

"Makeup is too overrated." I smirked.
Scarlet gasped, and held a hand over her heart. "Ruth! We are going to a royal school... ROYAL!"

"I know.. I just want to be comfortable."

"Trust me. I know that." She snorted. Scarlet is a pretty shy person, but when you get to know her... Well she is like this.

"Whatever." I laughed as I turned up the radio, and started driving.

"Ruth!" Scarlet was trying to yell over the radio.

"AND WHEN I TOUCHED YOUR FACE I COULD TELL YOU WERE MOVING ON. IT'S NOT THE FACT THAT YOU KISSED HIM YESTERDAY IT'S THE-" The music stopped. "Scarlet! I was singing to that!"

"I heard. Now when we get there, we need to find a bathroom."

"Why?" Are we going to hide their until first period?

"To get makeup on your face! Ruth, this is your first day. I just want you to make a good impression. You can wear whatever you want for the rest of the year."

"Nah. I'm good."

She pouted. "What about mascara? Pleaseeeee!"

Scarlet has always loved my light blue eyes. She considers it a shame when I don't put mascara around them to 'add to their beauty'.