Chapter 23

The day started with the sun shining through the window onto my face, just as the moonlight shone onto Luke's face last night. I smiled as I remembered the heart to heart we had. We may not be dating, but at least we are becoming friends.

My heart sighed as I thought of the word 'friends', but I shook off the feeling.

I opened my wardrobe, and saw only dresses. I groaned, and knew I needed something else...something I can run in.

Chris had told me that if I needed something, to push the button near my door. So, I walked over and pushed it. Almost instantly, the tall maid from earlier zoomed in.

She didn't even look out of breath. "How may I help you?"

I gestured to the closet. "Do you guys have any regular clothes? Like shirts and shorts?"

The maid looked stunned, but pulled herself together. "I could try and find something. Stay here." She left for about 30 seconds, and then she was back.

She was carrying a long sleeve dark purple shirt, a brown leather vest, black joggers, and a ponytail.

I shrieked. "You guys have joggers!?! Oh my gosh!!!" The maid looked concerned, but shoved me to the bathroom.

I shook my head, and pushed her out of the bathroom. I showered myself, and dried off. The maid put the clothes on the counter, which then I put it on. She also left black socks, and a pair of black tennis shoes.

After I was dressed, I swung my semi-dry hair into a ponytail, and looked into the mirror. I looked so much more like myself.

I opened the door, and the maid smiled, as if she knew I liked this look better.

I strolled down the stairs, only to be greeted by a crowd of my friends. But one was missing.

Luke.

I started to look around, but Scarlet approached me. "Your friend Chris was serious! He's going to fight Luke! They are waiting outside." My stomach turned to knots.

The maid led us outside, and I saw Luke wearing similar clothes to me. He waved when he saw us, and gave us a thumbs-up.

He walked over to us. Sophia tried to hug him, but it was brief. He walked over to me. "Hey you take care of them, if this doesn't work...ok?"

I didn't think. I acted. I wrapped my arms around him, and he did the same. "Don't even say that Lucas. You can do this.." Luke held me tighter.

Luke smiled. "Now you believe in me?" He taunted.

I blushed. "I always have." It was possibly stupid, or maybe the fact that I hadn't been thinking during my time in the other world, but I gently put my hands on his face. "I always will." I was shocked as I said those words, and backed up, but Luke swung an arm around my waist, and pulled me close.

He was grinning, and pulled my hand up. "Right back at you, Ru." Then, he gently kissed my hand. I widened my eyes, and Luke smirked. My face heated up, and I told him good luck one last time before he went to talk to the others. The only other people he hugged were Kim and Warren.

Scarlet ran over to me, her eyes huge. "What was that?!" She whispered loudly. I couldn't answer. There were millions of butterflies in my stomach that had no intention of leaving. I was sweating, and the outside air didn't seem to help.

He kissed me!!

'Technically your hand...'

Luna?!?! Oh my gosh! Where have you been? Are you ok?!