Chapter 4

Later that night, I had a weird dream. I was in the school...
I slowly walked to the coat room, and the maid was there. She smiled at me, and her eyes faintly glowed green.

"Your eyes... They were-"

"Brown?" She guessed.

I nodded, and stared into her green eyes.

"Well sweetie, spirits eyes are green." She cackled.

"Spirits?" I asked curiously.

"Yes, those who come from a different world.. But don't possess the power to stay in this world without help."

"Wihout help? How do you get help?"

"By sending spoiled children to my world of course."

I took a step back, but the door slammed shut.

"Don't be afraid dear. I won't send you there. You proved your heart was pure, and I have chosen to spare you. Your friends on the other hand..."

"Who?" I demanded.

"I have chosen Luke, Kim, Sophia, Adam, Warren, Scarlet, and Jack."

Who is Jack!?! Whatever besides the point.

"Why them?"

She didn't hesitate. "You all associate with Sohpia, the biggest brat I have ever seen. She has made my life, and many others, horrible."

"Please don't... What will happen to them?"

She laughed and gave me a creepy smile. "They will be sent there as a replacement for me not being there. What happens to them....will be up to them."

"Please... You can't do this."

She inched closer to me.

"Please!" I wailed. She shook her head.

"I see you have a choice." She observed.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well you could choose to take my offer, and stay here....or you could go with your friends you apparently seem to like. Although", she looked at me "it is only one you consider a friend."

Scarlet.

I considered this, and even though I wanted to save myself, I can't leave Scarlet alone...in another world. She would do the same for me.

The maid nodded sadly. "I see you have already made up your mind. Such a shame."

She walked over to me, and placed a hand on my head. Then she touched my shoulder. The pain went away."That is all I can do."

I still was confused, but I gave her a sad nod. "Thank you.. For healing me."

She stood there with a conflicted look on her face, and met my gaze one last time. "I... I will help you."

Then she faded away as I yelled for answers.

I woke up, and my head didn't hurt, and neither did my shoulder. I also felt a pressure on my legs.

I looked down to see a ball of fluff.

What the-

It moved.

I stayed still.

Oh. My. Gosh.

It's an orange fox.