Chapter 25

I woke up, knowing today would be the day we continued our quest. Finally, we could start trying to get home.

Luna told me that there has been some ideas where the king is at, but we decided now would not be the time to face him. We don't know what we are up against.

Currently, we have the fairy hair, and Chris said he would give us a fang. Luna said we should go to the mermaids next, so I was trying to mentally prepare myself. Last time I had an encounter with a fish creature, I almost drowned.

I put on the comfortable clothes the maid got me, and headed down to eat breakfast. Warren was the only one down there so I went and sat next to him.

"So..you turn blue?" He asked out of curiosity. I nodded, and kind of chuckled at his bluntness. "Does it hurt?"

I shook my head, but then paused. It does hurt, if I fight it. But I didn't want him to worry. "It's ok."

He rolled his eyes. "You don't have to lie. We all heard you scream."

I drummed my fingers on the table, and nodded. "It hurts, but it's nothing I can't handle."

He smiled. "Well good luck." I nodded a thanks, and turned when someone called my name.

Chris.

"I figured it out!! I contacted your..uh, come with me Ruth." Chris seemed happy, but a bit nervous as well.

I walked with him, and he took me outside. We sat down on the ground, and Chris braced himself. "You know how you never knew many people on your mom's side of the family?" I nodded, and he continued. "Well, the maid, Lucy, is your mom's mom. So in other words-"

"She's my grandma?" The words came out in realization. I was so shocked I couldn't say anymore.

He nodded. "It's why you have powers. She doesn't have your powers, but her great-grandma did. I contacted her, and she told me more about them."

He was silent for a moment, but I wanted him to continue. "Well? What did you find out?"

"The blue doesn't have it's own thoughts. It's yours. It enlarges your emotions. So when you were mad at me, it enlarged your rage. When you started to become scared of your power, it caused it to become confused, and uncontrollable."

I sighed. "So it's me?" I was sort of relaxed that it was just me, but also sad that it blew my emotions out of proportions.

"What is my power Chris?" I asked.

He smiled. "It's fantastic, really.When you are experiencing a major emotion or really focused, you can conjure someone's nightmares or best dreams. You can make it be made physical or mental. Also, Lucy said you can see fears and hopes of living things."

I stared at him. "That's terrifying." How can he call that fantastic?

Chris shrugged. "Call it what you want. Also, Lucy said we need to leave Luke here. He is dangerous."

I narrowed my eyes. "What are you talking about?"

Chris diverted his gaze, and scratched at his chin. He leaned closer to me, and his breath felt cold against my ear. "Lucy knew the background about everybody..except him. He's a closed book."

I backed away towards the blood red roses in the garden. They pricked at my skin, but I didn't move away. "Chris, I never asked, but since you're a vampire..where do you get your blood?"

His eyes clouded over with regret, and he couldn't meet my gaze. "We currently have a stash of animals-"

"What about when you were in my world?" I interrupted, and he placed his face in his hands.