Chapter 8

The first thing I noticed, was that my hand was still being kept warm by another. The second thing, was that a cold gust of wind greeted me as we fell to the ground.

"Are you ok?" I mumbled to Luke. He looked over to me and nodded. Then, I noticed a gash on his head. The blood slwoly ran down his forehead, and he was about to put his hand to the gash to understand what was happening to him.

"Don't! You can infect it!" I said as I grabbed the hand reaching for his forehead. "Lie back."

He gave me a questioning look, but laid down. I let go of his hand, and investigated the gash. It wasn't a deep or wide gash, and if we waited awhile, it should clot.

I was staring at the gash, until I realized he was staring up at me.

'Where else is he supposed to look?'

I ignored Luna, and quickly glanced into his blue eyes. "What's wrong with me Doc." He joked.

"It's nothing serious. Just a little cut." Well..not little, but nothing to worry about. "Just don't want it to-"

"Get infected?" He smirked.

I chuckled, and sat there staring at his forehead.

Please clot soon.

"Do you find my forehead attractive?" He teased.

"No I- Uh" I was choking on my words.

"Most people think that about my face." He kept laughing.

I finally found some words. "Oh uh... Nice. But actually I was looking at your gash. When it clots, we can go."

He raised an eyebrow at me. "Uh huh." I felt my face turning red, so I pretended to look away for an important reason.

'Smooth'.

Shut up Luna.

I scanned the area to see if anyone else waa here, but they weren't. I hope Scarlet will be ok with Warren.

"Is it fine now?" Luke asked, bringing my attention back to him. I studied the cut, and I could see that the bleeding stopped.

"Yeah you're good." I said. He stayed on the ground, and gazed out to the forest surrounding us. "Wow". Is all he said.

I looked around me and felt the same thing. The trees surrounding us had multicolored leaves, and the tree trunks themselves were a dark brown with specks of rainbow colors. The sun shined brightly above us, but one thing was missing... Or substituted I should say. There were no birds chirping... It sounded like there were birds being tortured.

Luke must have noticed it too, because he gave me a weird look. "What is that sound?"

I shrugged. This noise seemed to get more loud. "What if someone needs help?" I asked frantically.

"That isn't a someone... No human can make that noise." Luke replied.

I ignored his comment, and walked towards the noise. Luke tried to get me to stop, but this noise was captivating.

'Ruth! Get a hold of yourself! Snap out of it!'

I might have snapped out of it, of I hadn't seen a boy lurking in a lake. His silver hair stuck out against the pale lake, and his team eyes just attracted me more.

He was opening his mouth, and the most amazing noise came out. How did I ever think this was a bad noise? It was soothing and made me feel energetic.

I walked towards him, with Luke by my side. I barely noticed the fact that Luke was staring at me like I was crazy.

"Where are you going? Ruth! Don't you see-"