Prisoner

It's dark.

Of course it's dark, I'm in my room, or as the guards like to call it, my 'cell'. They're the ones that keep me in my cell and give me food to eat. I have a small hay bed with a raged blanket, a small room with a toilet and a bath as well as a book shelf with five books on the middle shelf of the five layered shelf, and sometimes when I get bored I weave the hay and make things. I don't usually do anything more than this, this is my life. I like sitting down, I like looking out my cell and staring at the torch across from my cell door, I like staring at the fire. It looks very beautiful.

The guard always call me names, their eyes held nothing but scornful looks and disgusted scoffs. They would be stationed on a single table, playing a card game or a chess game, and sometimes they play other games that I'm not familiar with, but I learn from watching them.

The two guards would talk about the out side world.

A world where I would like to visit.

They always talk about their day, and how they are doing, what their children are currently on about and their wives nagging at them.

But when one guard leaves, the very big guard with the more bigger armor and a sword as big as my small 4'11 body strapped on the side of his right hip, when he leaves the smaller one, only about a head smaller than the first guard, he would drag in a chair to the side of my cell and sit down, he would talk to me.

Although I never respond to his questions he always continues to tell me the wonders of the world.

He would describe the dark night, that shadows lurk in the woods, these so called woods are big enormous things that help build houses, and he even drew a tree for me to see, although it was small he explained to me that there are all different types and sized trees all over the world. And in some part of the world there would me many, which is called a forest. It the woods there would be many animals that he would describe in such detail that I could see it in my head. He would talk about the moon high up in the sky and when it becomes day the sun would replace the moon to shine brightly onto the world. He explained to me as he pointed to the torch on the wall.

"See that torch, on top of it is called fire, the sun in like fire, but it's not that small, the sun it high up in the sky and is a billion more times bigger that the fire." He had tried to explain as best he could to me, everytime he would he would turn to me with a smile, but it didn't look warm, it looked scary.

He had explained to me that outside the door where the guard would leave there is another world where many people roamed and live their lives. He had explained that my life is not useful, and that I was a waste of space, but for some reason I could not die yet.

This room is the only thing I have known since I could remember. No one else but those two guards. I was glad when this smaller guard would talk to me about the world, he would bring the books I have in my current possession, and give me small snacks when he would remember, but when I was bad, he would take away my food for a day. He was the nicest guard.

The other guard was mean, when the smaller guard would leave he would stay seated away from me, far away where I could barely see. He isn't scary when he just sits there and closes his eyes, but when he gets bored he would come into my cell and discipline me. Saying that I should be a good girl, but since I can't do anything right I was always a bad girl, he would beat me until my skin would turn black and blue. I couldn't do anything, if I tried to do something he would only get more violent. It hurts very much when he's disciplining me, but I endure it, for if I cry out in pain the fists and kicks would keep hitting me for longer times.

I'm a coward.

I'm useless.

When they give me food, it would hurt my stomach, but I couldn't do anything, I needed to eat to live. I would tell myself that it doesn't hurt, I would repeat it in my head many times until it actually didn't hurt and would eat again. There were times where I wanted to end my life, but I couldn't, for some reason there was something in my chest that would stop me. I obeyed, I want to be a good girl. If I'm a good girl he said he would give me a gift, but I never got a gift, meaning that I was indeed a bad girl. What do I do if I want to become a good girl?

I want to be a good girl.

I spend my days reading the books I have again, there were like a part of my head now, one was a book with ten pages, it had many colorful pictures and the story was about a young girl that had lost her bow. She had such pretty clothes on, which always made me look down to see the single long dirty shirt I've worn for so long. I wanted a shirt like that, but I can't be selfish, I can't be greedy, that's wrong. The book explains that, the other book explains that, humans shouldn't be greedy, they should be satisfied with what they have.

My times in my cell would be quiet, the guard would play sometimes and ridicule me when bored together.

But something happend one day.

There was a tremor on the floor, a big tremor that made my stomach drop in fear. I scurried toward the door and looked out, only to see the two guard leave in a hurry, it didn't bother me much, but what sent chills up my spine was their faces.

They too have fear on their faces.

At their looks I leaned my back against the dark wall, listening to the commotion outside, many more voice rang out in panic, others shouting out orders to others and then there were more tremors.

I shut my eyes, trying to block everything out, trying to chant my mind to become calm.

Then the door to which to guard had left blew open, I scurried to the farthest corner of the cell, hoping that they didn't come. My body was shaking tremendously, I wasn't able to keep my self calm.

Everything fell silent, the only thing I could hear is armored feet walking slow and steady towards my cell, the suspense eating at me, I wanted to die than see who this person was. I could feel this person was dangerous.

I shut my eyes tighter, I heard my cell door ripped off it's hinges and thrown to some unknown location. I covered my head with my arms, and then place my head on my knees, I was crouching on the very corner of my cell room, shaking, unable to comprehend what was happening.

"You're free now." A dark voice spoke, it held malice and danger, which made me look up to the man without thinking.

My eyes looked up to clash with the brightest eyes I saw. And in return the man that was dressed from head to toe with black armor seemed to freeze as well.

His dark eyes were terrifying, my mind began to spin at such a tremendous amount of blood lust that was flowing from his body. I couldn't keep my conciousness.

I fainted.