A Darker Side (Naruto fanfic)

There aren't many people who understood Naruto, not the mean villagers, not Sakura and Sasuke, not even the fifth Hokage. Only one actually made him feel like he belonged somewhere, and that was where Iruka-sensei stepped into the picture. He scolded and helped Naruto when he needed the lecture. For Naruto, Iruka-sensei was indeed like an older brother, but there was one thing he never told Iruka or anyone else for that matter. It was the fact that everything he did was all an act,  his clumsiness, his love and fear for Sakura when she yelled at him, and even his happy bright smile.

Not to mention that the Kyuubi, or as Naruto likes to refer to the fox, Kurama has been speaking the moment Naruto could speak and understand everything the villagers to make him feel like a monster. Kurama always soothed Naruto and helped him through the toughest times, especially when it came down with the abuse the villagers did when he was younger, but now that he was in the final stage of the chunin exams he felt about ready to drop the act. He couldn't take any more of the ridicule that the villagers and classmates throw at him. He wants to slaughter them all in a single swing since he is able to perform better that the three Sanin combined.

Kit, stay calm. Kurama spoke softly into Naruto's mind to soothe the blond boy. Just a little while longer, then we can leave this horrific village.

How long Kurama? I want to feel their blood dripping from my hands as they beg for forgiveness. Naruto spoke through his mind. I can't wait another year here.

I understand, and you don't have to wait another year, just a day at Max. The Uchiha has fleed, all you need to do is pretend to catch him and leave yourself. Kurama planned.

Will it work? Naruto thought. What am I talking about? Of course it'll work, Kakashi doesn't even spare a glance at my direction when training Sasuke and Sakura. He'll probably forget I'm even there.

Yes, and when he does, high tail away from the village, away from the hate, away from everyone. Kurama seethed out at the thought of the villagers.

Naruto simply nodded, the next day was the day he was going the track down Sasuke, with a team assembled by the Hokage and Shikamaru as well. Since they think Naruto will be able to bring the black haired boy back.

How wrong they were, yet they were right in some way.

And so the mission was set out, they faced a couple opponents, but as their team left a member behind to fight them it was only Naruto left. Seeing as Lee came just in time before Naruto could reveal his true power he left the bowl hair cut boy to deal with the creepy bone jutsu wielding guy.

And now they stood facing each other, blue bright eyes with a determined look in his eyes staring into dark vengeful eyes.

“Turn back Naruto, I won't be going back to the village.” Sasuke said. “I need to gain power, and you idiots are preventing me from achieving my goal, nothing you say will stop me. I know I've confessed to you, but that was a slip of the tongue, you don't have to respond-”

Naruto bursted out laughing, confusing the surviving Uchiha.

“You think I'm doing this for the village?” Naruto said, his determined face now relaxed as he held himself under a different aura. “You got it wrong Uchiha, you're my ticket out of that God forsaken village. So be a good duckling and fall behind me.”

“Naruto?” Sasuke said, his eyes widening, he had never seen such hatred inside Naruto's eyes before.

“What is it Sasuke? Shocked that I'm not acting like the deadlast?” Naruto taunted. “I had to keep that shitty and insulting attitude so I wouldn't be executed. If it wasn't for Kurama changing my mind to not slaughter the entire village I would have done it by now. And about your confession, I couldn't care less if you love me.” Sasuke flinched at the hurtful words.

Before he could speak Naruto disappeared and reappeared behind Sasuke, hitting him behind the neck which caused him to lose conciousness. He lifted Sasuke into his arms and landed into the river below him, walking slowly he set Sasuke's body down onto the ground and acted winded as he felt the familiar chakra.

“H-Hey Kakashi-sensei, I got the teme!” Naruto grinned tryumphantly as he grinned, only to be shoved away by Kakashi as he gave a worried look to the Uchiha heir.

The silver haired nin didn't say anything, he only lifted Sasuke up and shunshin away, heading back to the village.

This is your chance Naruto, GO! Kurama called out as Naruto nodded breaking into a run towards the direction Sasuke was going, but instead of going towards the snake, he was heading to another location, a location where no one was to find him unless he wished it.

A home he will build.