Empathy

He grew up in a normal life, surrounded by the ones that loved him and grew up with him. Two loving brothers and parents that were there when he needed them. His grades were above average and he was the talk of the school being the cutest one out of his other two brothers. Girl would drool over them and guys would envy or get mad because of them.

But the cutest brother, Ethan, he was sure a different story. He found out from an accident that he could absorb the negative emotions of other people. Their hatred for a color, their fear for spiders, their suicidal thoughts. Anything and everything that made a huge impact in their life.

But with absorbing their negaitve energies, Ethan grew distant to everyone. No one noticed because when they would show up to greet him like any other day he would plaster a smile and act like he usually did.

He could feel the negative energies inside of him, he could feel and experience the same heart ache and the same fear that the other person used to have. The fear from being traumatized as a child and being beaten constantly. The fear of being molested by a man in a dark alley, being drugged and abused. Having those dark thoughts that no one will every love him because he was digusting.

But those thoughts weren't his, they were from others that would pay him to absorb them. So they won't worry their parents of loved ones.

He grew up like this, the negative energies growing and growing. Scientist wanted to learn more about him, but no matter how many tests they tried out they would only see a healthy human body. No mental damadge no internal scarring, it was
a revelation!

Ethan had taken the world by the throat, he became a millionaire, people all over the world cams to him to have their negative energies taken from them, they became fearless to a degree and would see the world in a new light.

But no one thought about Ethan, no one would see his empty eyes when he would smile and talk about his power in talk shows. Or the way he would wear makeup to his darkening under his eyes from the constant nightmares he would recieve from people he didn't remember. The insomnia so severe that he would be able to sleep a proper four hours throughout a single month. He was even surprised that he was able to stay awake, or even alive for that matter.

No one could see his body breaking his mentality little by little. Dark serial killer thoughts roamed all over his mind, he wanted to feel blood run through his fingers, but he knew, Ethan knew that these weren't his thoughts.

Then something unspeakable happened.

The world was about to end.

No one could understand how this happened, but everyone knew one thing.

They were terrified.

So the next month that they had left to live, scientist made a final move to settled everyone's fear.

They had invented a device able to gather everyone's fear and project it into Ethan without the need of skin contact.

Ethan of course didn't mind.

He let the men and woman strap the helmet onto his head and as the enormous meteorite came blaring down on earth, the machine was turned on.

A massive dark cloud began to form ontop of the tower which Ethan was sitting at alone. The cloud came down to the center as it was being sucked into Ethan's body. It was the first time Ethan had done such a huge job. But this time, it wasn't only thousands of humans it was at least 7.63 billion from all around the world, at the same time.

People opened their eyes to the heat burning off their skin. They felt no fear, they took in their death with a peaceful sigh. The earth held not a single scream of anguish.

Ethan though was the one and only person which shed a tear of terror.

Immense fear of everything collided with one self, but he was glad deep down.

Glad that all of this will end once and for all.

He closed his eyes, wishing for a quick death.

"Master Ethan, welcome back."