1.6

Turns out, the day could get worse. Even though Veronica told me he wasn't going to do anything, I couldn't help but flinch every time I got a glimpse of Jonathon. I was almost certain he was going to do whatever he wanted, and that meant he was going to hurt me.

As soon as the bell rang, I rushed over to Veronica's locker. I could feel my heart racing as every possibility ran through my mind. The worst possibility was Jonathon. I knew that he was at school, and I knew he wanted to hurt me. Veronica hated me so much, she probably wouldn't try to stop him.

Veronica was already there with her posse by her side. She saw me and smirked as she started walking over.

"Hello, Erika. My friends here need you to do their homework too. Oh, and before I forget, Jonathon has some homework for you as well. We need it by tomorrow so you better hurry it up." She smirked before they threw their backpacks at me. I tried to catch all of them, but some fell.

"What the fuck?! Did you just let our backpacks hit the floor?" Veronica asked with a glare on her face. She slapped me before flipping her hair and walking away.

I took a deep breath before walking out of the school to the car. Conner wasn't there yet so I had time to hide the bags in the trunk before getting into the passenger seat.

A few minutes later, I was still waiting for Conner. I was starting to get annoyed, as it was starting to become past 5. I started to get out of the car when I saw Jonathon out of the corner of my eye. He was walking my way, staring at me. I reached to lock it, but before I could, he had already opened my door.

"Hello, Erika." He smirked. I tried to control my breathing as I looked into his eyes. "Did you miss me?" I shook my head and he glared at me. He grabbed my hair yanking me towards him. "You were lucky last time. You won't be as lucky this time. I made sure of it." He growled before throwing a punch to my stomach. I went to double over in pain, but he pulled on my hair making me go back. He threw me against the car door as he hit me over and over again. He threw me onto the ground before kicking me in the stomach multiple times.

A couple of minutes later, he stopped for a second to catch his breath and I took the chance to try and run. However, I wasn't fast enough and he caught me. "Did you really think you could escape from me? You're so stupid." He growled before throwing me against the car door once again. "You are going to go home and you are not going to tell anyone about this. If you do, the punishment is going to be worse. See you tomorrow Erika." He smirked before dropping me as he walked away. It took me a while before I could stand up, but when I did, I almost fell back down due to the amount of pain. I looked at my phone to see it was past 7 meaning that I had to stay up all night to finish Veronica and them's homework.

When I checked my phone, I noticed I had multiple text messages from everyone. Cody was asking me where I was. Mom and dad were asking me if I was okay. Jane, surprisingly, was asking if I was dead. Conner, even more surprising, was asking me if I was lost and needed a ride home. I texted Cody saying that I would be home soon before slowly getting into the car.

It took a while before I was able to get out of the car without wincing to get to the front door. As soon as I opened the door, I was engulfed in many hugs, almost making me scream out in pain. Cody and Jane immediately let go giving me a confused look.

"What happened to your face?" Cody questioned. I could see his eyes start to get angrier as he took in my face. I didn't have any extra concealer so I wasn't able to cover up the bruises that were starting to form.

"As I was leaving the school, I started to get dizzy and I...uh I-I......I kind..kind of passed out?" I lied. Jane gave me a look before looking behind her. I looked too and saw mom and dad standing next to Conner crossing their arms. They did not look happy.

"How did no one notice you?" Cody questioned. I shrugged before looking at mom and dad.

"How come you didn't go to the hospital or straight home when you woke up! There is no way that you were unconscious for more than 3 hours!" She yelled. 

"I went to go see the nurse, but she wasn't there and I tried calling one of my friends but no one answered so I texted Cody and drove here," I answered.

"That's a lie," Jane whispered in my ear.

"Can I just go to my room?" I questioned. They all nodded and I headed upstairs to start on my homework.