51 : truth hurts as much as the lie does

Grand Charity Ball

        "Are you nervous ?" Yoongi asked through their in-ears towards the brunette as their venue was getting nearer. "I'm coping." She sighed.

"The grand ball is a magnificent place to meet new circles, honey." Her father told her. She simply nodded as she didn't feel like talking to her father.

All I need to do is find Taehyung. There's must be a reason for everything. Jennie chanted in her mind as she closed her eyes.

When the vehicle came to halt, Jennie opened her eyes as she scanned all the cameras at the red carpet, greeting all of the VIPS including her father.

Mr.Song went to the door side as he opened the door for them. Her father went out first as he handed out his hand to her and she took it.

The cameras were flashing as the father-daughter walked the red carpet into the ball.

There were so many questions being thrown and some of them made her unhappy. "Is it true, you're going to merge your company with The Jokers ?"

Both of them said nothing as they passed by the paparazzi and onto the closed space of the grand hall.

The moment they entered the hall, they went their separate ways. Jennie looked around for familiar faces and spotted Irene, she greeted Irene with their usual smooch at the cheek.

"Oh, I'm so glad there's someone familiar," Jennie said with a chuckle.

"Me too, I saw Yoongi and Jimin around the drinks but some of my father's friends were talking to me and made me lost sight of them," Irene said with a sigh.

"Bummer, I was about to ask you where anyone was." Just then a tap of both of their shoulders made them turned around, "Lalisa?! It's so nice to see you." Irene said as they hugged.

"Well, we do see each other at school often Irene," Lisa said with a soft eyeroll. "Jen," Lisa trailed off.

"Well, I guess I'll mingle around then," Irene excused herself.

"I've seen Mr.Han around with my father there," Lisa pointed at the said man. "His son is probably around which means....."

"Taehyung's around." They both said in unison.
"Thanks, Lalice, although you are bitchy at times." Jennie hugged her.

"Well, I could say the same about you." As if on cue, the host of the events stepped onto the stage.

"Well guys keep your eyes peeled for any signs of redacted," Jungkook said to the in-ear monitors as he and Rosé linked arms among the crowds.

"His name is not a taboo, right ?" Jisoo with Namjoon next to her amid all of the corporate leaders among them. "Redacted is not Voldemort right ?"

"Jen does the calling," Jimin added, next to Jin. Jin heard them but was too focused on socializing with people who had big shareholders.

"Wished I can whip out my gadgets here." Yoongi sighed. "Drinks," Hoseok handed a glass of champagne towards him.

"Jen, are you alone ?" Yoongi concerned evident in his voice. "Don't worry, panther. She's with me." Lisa said with a smirk.

         It was almost 2 hours into the event and there were no signs on any of them, not even the White Wolves.

"Maybe. This is it." Her voice was low as she told her friends. Protesting was heard from the other side when a tight grip on her waist made her turn.

The man was wearing a mask but the familiar touch on his hands gave it away. Just like the night of the ballroom dancing, they dance along with the melody not exchanging any words.

The said night was painful for her too, but it was her fault for he expected more of her after what they had shared together.

But time after time with him, she was certain that she knew and was confident to say the 'L' word. However, she needs to hear him said it. Orally confirmation is different. And it was indeed more certain.

Then there's his betrayal, everything had made sense on how they easily managed to sneak into her house. He was always around hers that he might have known the house like it was the palm of his hands.

"I need to talk to you," She said but he removed his hand from her, walking away from her direction. "sos!" Jennie said running after him.

The chase was cut short since there were limited spaces due to the guest. All of their friends got her signalled and managed to corner him into an empty room before she pushed him inside as their friend were far at the corner, blocking the exit.

                   "Tae...." She trailed as she walks closer to him, removing the mask from his face. His eyes were unable to meet hers.

"Tell me, why did you betray us ?" she used the back of her palms to touch his cheek. He winced as her cold rings made contact with his bruised skin.

"Tell me, did he blackmail you ?" her hands caress the fresh bruise on his cheek probably from Jungkook's punches.

"Tell me..." She trailed as she went closer to whispered at his ears, "do you love me ?"

Finally, his eyes met her but Jennie has never seen this one before. She knows the looks that he always gave her, she knows his worried, trouble, anxious look but she didn't know what this one was.

She touched the identical earrings with her family symbol, she closed her eyes as she saw his lips moving.

"I don't."

If it was a physics class, their teacher would talk about how Isaac Newton discovered gravity when an apple fell down from the tree and it rolled over to him.

Jennie discovered her heartbreaking when she felt a lump in her throat as her eyes started to swell and every inch of her body went weak.

Her hands involuntarily had to grip at his arms as her head sunk into his chest for support.
He—However, stood there in silence as cries started filling the empty room.

   "3 words, 8 letters. Say it !" She muttered silently at the man. The others could just stare from the far distance between them as they didn't have the answer she was looking for.

"Just by 3 words and 8 letters, I would drop everything right here, right then. Tell me, Taehyung !"

Her hand that was gripping his suit was loosened, her legs failed her as she fell to the ground. "I'm sorry, Jennie."

Her sobs that she emitted sounded painful and her body was full-on shaking.

"I'm sorry," he was about to reach for her when she swatted his hands.

"Leave me alone !" She screamed at all of them. "All of you !"

"Jennie—." Jisoo touches her hand but she slowly removed the latter hand from herself.

"I need to be alone." She breathes. Her hands covered her face as she hears the door clicked behind her.

She made sure not a single soul was there before she starts weeping. Her hands naturally clenched towards her chest as she could feel her heartbreaking and hurting.

It was a while until her sobs went silent and she couldn't be in that space anymore. Just as she regained her posture, she was about to twist the knob when a sharp hit at the back of her neck blacked her out.

author's note 

one last chapter !!! are you guys excited !! this chap is well angst-filled and i can't wait for the next one!!! adios! see you guys on the 27th !!!