18 : visiting home

Daegu

              "Welcome to Daegu !!" Taehyung stuck out his left hand out of the window while his right was on the steering wheels. Hearing Taehyung said that made Jennie gripped her seatbelt harder.

"You know what, there's still time for you to leave me there at the side of the road and you can spend the weekend with your grandma and siblings. They would appreciate it so much." Jennie let out a nervous chuckle as she twirled the ends of her hair.

"Come on, we even cut them various fruits for them. It's a waste to turn back now." Taehyung took a quick glance at the girl in the passenger seat. She had her small pout while her hand was still playing with the ends of her hair.

"You know I umm I don't know how a family works." Taehyung looked towards her with a sad smile. "Jisoo and the others are your families too." Jennie sighed before leaning her head towards the window.

"Does your family makes sexual jokes ? or joke about knives and guns ? or drinking or clubbing or —."

"Point taken, princess," Taehyung said as he parked the car. "Just be yourself, be nice." He patted her head. "Which one? I can't do both." Taehyung rolled his eyes when Jennie said that.

He went out of the car first and went towards her side to open the car door. "Come —"

"Oppa! Hyung !!" Little feet we're scrambling as they went to hug their brother. The little girl with the messy hair was the first to notice the female behind her brother.

"Jieun-ah, Jihyun-ah, be nice to her." Taehyung patted both of their heads. While Jihyun ran towards Jennie, Jieun just hugged Taehyung's thigh and hid behind him.

"Noona," Jihyun slowly walks towards her a smile not leaving his face, Jennie bends down so that she was in the same height as his, let out her hand, "I'm Jennie, umm..." Hearing this Jihyun wrapped his arms around Jennie's neck, hugging her.

"Thank you! thank you! thank you !" he chanted with a little jump. Jennie looks towards Taehyung and saw that he had a smile on his face as he picked Jieun up to his shoulders. "Come on, we have some fruits for you guys and grandma."

Jihyun grabbed Jennie's hand as they ran inside and into their kitchen. "Grandma! grandma! grandma, we have a guest." Jihyun excitedly ran around the kitchen counters. Just as his grandmother turned around, Jennie slightly bowed as she introduced herself, "I'm Jennie, Jennie Kim. Pardon for the intrusion."

"Ahh, hello, hello. Welcome... Even though there's nothing much that I can offer —."

"Ahh! No, I'm just here as Taehyung invited me to spent time with his family." She explained. Just then Taehyung and Jieun entered the house. "Grandma !" Taehyung happily called out.

"Ah! Before I forget, Jennie and I just bought these fruits at Hamgye's market today. We sliced them ourselves too." Taehyung showed his boxy smile as he gave the fruits to Jennie. He took out a plate as he and Jennie arranged the fruits nicely.

"Mrs.Kim, please have a seat. I'll fix you a Da Hong Pao tea. I've heard it's really good for cholesterols and the heart." Jennie urged his grandmother as she went inside the kitchen. "Taehyung-ah, this is too luxurious. I don't like —."

"Please, you can't discriminate her just because she was born in a different society than us. It wasn't like she had the choice to be born rich." Taehyung told her. "She's nice and she isn't arrogant." Just then Jennie entered with the tea she brought, "have a sip, Mrs.Kim."

"Ah! I forgot I have an appointment with the doctors, you four—." As she got up from her seat, "I'll take you, grandma." Taehyung got up and sent a signal with his eyes towards Jennie. "Don't worry, I'll take care of Jihyun and Jieun."

Taehyung left with his grandmother to the hospital with the car that he left there. "If anything happens, call me okay ?" Jennie chuckled as she bid him goodbye. As she went inside she saw Jieun who was pouting while Jihyun happily smiles next to her. "So, is there anywhere or anything you guys want to do ?" Jennie sat in between them feeding strawberries to Jihyun.

She picked up a strawberry for Jieun, "Jieun-ah, say aaaahhh." She urged her to open her mouth but Jieun took the strawberry from her hand and shoved it in her mouth. "Hmm, how about we go to the amusement park? I'll take you. You guys loved it, right ?" For a split second, Jennie could see Jieun let out a smile.

"Yes !!! Jieun really wanted to play the carousel and she wanted a teddy —."

"Oppa !! I want Taehyung Oppa here !" Jieun cut her brother's word. "Jieun, please let's not trouble Jennie noona." Jihyun scolded Jieun. Jieun stomped her feet as she ran upstairs. "Why are you taking her side? A stranger." She screamed as she ran to her bedroom.

"It's okay Jihyun-ah, let me talk to her." Jennie let out a smile even though she feels uneasy. As she walked upstairs, "ok, so usually if I want people to go my way, I'll use force, let out the guns and knives but I can't use that on a child. Argh !" she ruffled with her hair.

She knocked on her door softly as she twisted the knob. "Hey Jieun," Jennie poked her head inside as she slowly entered the room seeing Jieun lying on her bed. "You do need a teddy bear to hug," Jennie commented as she sat at the edge of the bed. "I know how you feel,"

"You don't! You have everything." Jennie slowly touches her hair. "I may seem like I have everything but you know what's the most important thing that I don't have but you do."

"What's that ?" Jieun wipes out the tear from her eyes. "A family." Jennie smiled. "Plus, Taehyung told me to take care of you two today, so how about we go to the amusement park, okay? I'm sure Taehyung Oppa will be happy to see you two all smiles today." Jennie persuaded Jieun.

* i never mentioned jihyun and jieun's age so i'm guessing that jieun is around 7-8 and jihyun is around 10-11*