28 : misunderstanding is a bitch

(i was listening to 'hope not' while writing this)
ps ; what's yr favourite in map of the soul ? personally i love jamais vu and mikrokosmos.

 ❅ Starry Sky Garden

"What I said earlier—"

"Jennie, no—"

"You've misunderstood me, please hear me out." She touched the end of his sleeves. Taehyung closed his eyes as he recalled their conversation.

The music being played was a slow song and with Irene's comment before it started getting all touchy, the people snuggling closer with one another.

"When did you learn ballroom dancing ?" Jennie chuckled as Taehyung kept looking at their feet's afraid to step onto their feet.

"I've asked Jieun and we did mini ballroom dancing during the weekend." He wholeheartedly laughs. "My knees are kinda bruised though." He added.

"I'd say that Jieun is a great teacher. She might even be better than me." Jennie rested her hand on the crook of his neck as they bodies sway together to the music.

It was quiet for a while as Jennie avoid eye contact with him. Taehyung noticed this and he was sure that she might have an idea on what's he's gonna ask her.

"I've been meaning to ask you this." He started and Jennie was caught off guard as she finally gave him— her attention by looking directly into his eyes as if she was reading what's on his mind.

"Are you in love with me ?" Taehyung asked, his eyes locked onto her — searching for the answers in them.

"I—I" She unknowingly gulped as she stopped swaying with him. "N—"

".....oh." Just by the first letter, he felt his heart dropped a thousand times. "Taehyung, wait....."

"No. I misunderstood what we had." A painful chuckle left his mouth. "If we 'had' anything to begin with." He removes his hand from her, walking away from the ball.

"Taehyung listen to me !"

"— I can't face you right now." He said leaving her in the middle of the dance floor.

He walked towards the rooftop for a breath of air when the doors opened revealing Yoongi and Lisa.

"We saw the commotion," Lisa said first.

"Well, you must be laughing your ass off after I rejected you and stupidly admitted that I have feelings for Jennie." He bitterly laughs as his head hit the railings.

"Dude...." Yoongi pats his back to gain his attention but only to be shoved lightly, "I don't need your sarcastic ass now."

Lisa rushed towards him despite the flowy dress and her high heels, as she pulled Taehyung harshly to face them.

"Well first of all, do you need us to stick a pole up in your ass, so that you'll listen to us or what? Second of all, Yoongi !" She pointed at the male.

"Bruh." He rolled his eyes.

"Ok we're not siding on her side but dude, you are jumping your ass to conclusions. She told you to listen but you just scram off.

"Two, Jennie doesn't or more specifically doesn't know how to use the word 'love' considering her father is a mafia member and her mom is dead."

"Bitch Yoongi shortened it like your height. What he meant is that, shouldn't you listen to what she has to say before running your ass off."

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "What's with you two and the word 'ass'."

"Well, calm your heated ass first then talk to her and for the record, you were the one with all this 'ass' first," Lisa said as she leaves them.

Just before Yoongi left, Taehyung stopped him, "How did you two break up ?"

Yoongi looked towards his feet as he shrugged. "It's better if you ask Nini that."

"Tae ?" Jennie called him out from his trance. "When you asked if I was in love with you, my answer is not yet."

"What's - what's that supposed to mean?"

"It's just," says Taehyung, "I kinda — you made me think as you'd say yes. Is what we've done meant nothing to you? I really thought -"

"You misunderstand me," Jennie said. "Or perhaps I should have answered more completely. I... am falling in love with you, currently. But I am not yet finished."

"Finished?" It's put an end to the look of hurt in Taehyung 's eyes, at least. Now he just looks confused.

"Well," Jennie says. "In love is something that sounds final. An endpoint, a... goal. But I am not at the endpoint yet. I can't be, because every day I fall for you... more." She clears her throat. "I notice something new about you, or you say something you've never said before, or you say something you have said before. The things that make me love you deeper are very diverse in nature."

Taehyung, by this point, looks struck dumb. Jennie continued, to fill the space.

"So I'm not all the way in love, not yet. I don't know if I ever will be. But I am falling in love with you, Tae. All the time."

"I—I— I'm an idiot." Taehyung crouched down as he hid his face. "Shit." He cursed— ruffling with his already messy hair.

By now it was Jennie's turned to feel dumbfounded. She was unsure if he was still mad at her or— so she brings herself closer to his face as he hid them.

"Tae ?" Jennie inched closer to him as her wrist was being pulled by him— as he closed the space between them. Jennie was caught off guard as he slid his tongue in hers.

A moan involuntarily left her mouth as his hands went to cupped her cheeks as if he was afraid that she might disappear from him.

Her hands had to grip on his suit for support as she touches his chest— his heart beating so loud as this is considering their first kiss where both of them are fully sober although Jennie felt that she might be drunk over his intoxicated kissed.

As she pulled away gasping for air, he attacked her again — hungry for more. "....Tae..." she moaned in his mouth. They both pulled away, resting both of their foreheads together as they let out a heartily laugh.

Taehyung kissed the top of her head before burying her face to his chest. "I'm sorry." Jennie shook her head as her hand went to his waist hugging him tightly with as if she never intended to let him go.

(whew remind me not to write any sexual scenes or kissing scenes cause i suck at that)