36: sick excuses

"What the fuck just happened ?" Jisoo screamed when her brother escorted her back to her room. "There were unwanted guests tonight and we don't want that." Jinwoo calmly stated as he walks around in her room.

"Do you know who they were ?" Jisoo acted coy as she looks out the window watching the guest leaving one by one.

"Nope. Kai, the leader of Whitewolves had told one of my henchmen. Nothing in this island seemed suspicious so maybe its a false alarm." Jisoo let a breath of relief in her mind.

"Can I meet father and mother ?" She turned to face her brother, eyeing his expression. "Maybe tomorrow, Jisoo."

"Father must be shocked and tired," Jinwoo said again before leaving her room. Jisoo heard the shuffle footsteps and guessed that someone is keeping guard at her door.

        She went inside deeply into her closet room and went towards the farthest end as she whispered. "Jennie. Jennie, can you hear me ?"

Not one-second pass as a voice that sounded distressed answered her back. "Jisoo ?"
"Jisoo, thank god. Are you okay ?"

"I am. But are you okay ?" Jennie's voice sounded too distressed that made Jisoo worried for her instead.

"I am. I can't really talk right now. The rest are okay but Taehyung..." Ruffle noises were heard and someone had called Jennie's name. "I have to go. Stay safe Jisoo."

Their connection was cut and Jisoo felt worried over her friends. She decided to wash up and rest in hopes that she could meet her father tomorrow morning.

That night, no matter how tired she was. She couldn't just shut her eyes. The room felt like it was haunted. Haunted by her own past. Haunted by everything that her parents did to her.

It didn't make sense to her that they would just take her back like whatever happened was nothing. Her pride won't allow that. They can't throw her out like she was trash and take her back. They didn't even care about her feelings and Jisoo was tired of being treated like a second option.

     It was the sounds of her curtain being opened made her slowly open her eyes. "Breakfast is ready for you downstairs, Miss Kim." Jisoo nodded as she took a robe that she left at her dresser. She went to her bathroom as she brushes her teeth and freshens up before heading downstairs with an escort that was hired to make sure she didn't escape.

The bodyguards were standing too close to her which kinda threw her off. "Haven't any of you heard of personal space? I might just die suffocating by you guys. Honestly I rather." The bodyguards looked down as some of them were muttering the same thing simultaneously. "No, Miss Kim! We would be dead by our master if you suffocate."

Jisoo rolled her eyes as she continued walking down the steps. When they had reached the dining area, the only person that she could see was her brother which made her frown again. "Where're your parents?" She got ushered a seat across from him by the family butler.

"You must be famished, lil sis." 

"You haven't answered my question, big bro." A smirk automatically appeared on her face.

"Father will see at lunchtime. While we wait for lunch how about horseback riding around our compound. You loved those." Her brother suggested as he saw the chef had prepared their luxurious breakfast.

A flash of memories hit her as if a sudden wave has emerged. She forcefully closed her eyes in hopes that the memory would vanish from her brain. "Now I rather like the sounds of the engine roaring, the sudden flash of lights when you pressed the gas. You could also enjoy a moment when all of your life flashes by racing. You may hear of Aeipathy right ?" 

Jisoo smirked as her brother winced hearing the name of the place. He knew and Jisoo knew that he knew. She also knew that her family was rather the traditional type. When she thought about it, Jin was quite similar to her brother which made her even more rage. 

"Of course I know Aeipathy. What do you go by?" 

Jisoo raised an eyebrow over his sudden curiosity. "Astrape."

"Suits you then, one of the twin goddess of lightning in greek.If you want I can tell Sir Ki-ha to prepared cars if you rather enjoyed the fast lane?" Without missing a breathe he called Sir Ki-ha as he told them to let the Jeju track stadium to know about their plans.

Jisoo won't admit it to her brother's face but she did enjoy having the race out. She enjoyed being the star of the racing track. She enjoyed the freedom she felt as if it was her first time again. 

She clearly remembers the first time Jennie had brought her unbeknown to Jin at that time. Jennie had encouraged her hobbies and gave her the name too. "Astrape suits her." Jennie laughs just like any teenager would at that time. Yoongi had his chin rested on her shoulders.

"Jisoo you are born for the roaring engines." Yoongi had shouted back at her. Jisoo looked at them before engulfing them in a tight hug. "Thanks, guys for finding me something I can be passionate about."

"Jisoo you are born for the roaring engines." her thoughts were cut off when her brother had said the same word as her friend did. "thanks," she said coyly.

     It was lunchtime and Jisoo knew her brother wouldn't delay the meeting between her father anymore. As much as a horrible person her brother, Kim Jinwoo was, a liar wasn't him. She had a sundress one which wasn't like she had other choices since all of her clothes that were at home could fit her anymore. The dress was bought by her maid.

After they had their lunch, Jinwoo had escorted her to a room. Jisoo recognizes the room exterior. It was her father's study room and she remembers back them how they would get scolded for entering the room without his permission. 

Jisoo was pushed lightly by her brother when she just stood at the doorway. Jinwoo leads them into another one where Jisoo didn't know it existed. When she entered the room she was met with her father lying on the bed with a ventilator. 

"W-what?" Jisoo felt like her eyes were betraying the sight that she had witnessed. Her mother was sitting at the chair next to the bed as she was silently reading a book to him.

 "You looked fine at the gala," She tried to hide her concern but she was rather fooling herself. "This is my karma for treating you like you meant nothing to us." her father spoke with coughs in between.

 "I am suffering from stage 4 of lung cancer, my daughter."

Jisoo can't help but sympathize with him yet she shook the thoughts away from her. "What business do you have with me even to the extent to be hunting us down nonstop. even to the point of kidnapping me."

"We just want our daughter back, we reflect on our sins, Jisoo." Her mother spoke on his behalf. 

"Maybe you shouldn't have thrown me away in the first place." She exited the room as she knew that she might burst anytime soon. She ran towards the backyard where a pool was located and jump in.