It was a Mistake

Maine's pov

I was speechless. Everything inside me was going crazy. My heart was beating out of my chest.

What was happening right now?

He let go of the kiss and looked away. "I'm sorry it was a mistake, forget what happened." He left the room without even looking at me.

His office was dark, only the city lights that you can see on the glass wall were the only source of light in this room.

I slowly slid down the wall, tears rolling down my eyes. Like what you see in dramas but this time it was the real thing.

How could you Zachary?!

I left the party that night by a cab, I tried not to get noticed by anyone in the party. I felt so sick right now. I can't believe he did that.

"Ma'am is everything alright?" The cab driver asked.

I sniffed the snot in my nose and replied with a "yes." If only it was real.

I opened the door slowly trying not to be loud so my mom wouldn't notice I was back. But the door wasn't letting me do so. So when I opened the door it creaked so loudly that almost the neighbors who were peacefully sleeping could've woke up.

"Sweetie is that you?" My mom asked. She was sitting on the couch, she was watching the tv with the lights all off, now her attention was on me.

I tried to wipe my tears in the dark. "Yeah. I was getting tired so I left early." I said with a strong voice sounding like I wasn't crying just a minute ago.

"You could've texted me sweetie, not that I wanted you to, this show is pretty good no offence."

I chuckled mentally. Hah, my mom is great. Can you see the sarcasm?

"Hah, okay I'm just gonna sleep now." I walked to the stairs.

"Okay sweetie good night, by the way your dad will be back tomorrow." My mom yelled when I was at the top of the stairs.

"Okay." My voice cracked.

I opened the door to my room and closed the door and collapsed on my bed, falling deep into sleep.

I woke up by the sound of curtains opening and the breeze of air hitting my body. "Maineeee wake up!" My mom sung.

"Momm." I groaned pulling back the blankets and wrapping it around my body.

"Oh Maine don't be such a grouch this early in the morning." And with that she left my room. I stood up after an hour later going to my bathroom.

I looked at the mirror and jumped back at the sight of my face. It was incredibly hideous. The mascara that I put on last night was now under my eyes and a trail down my cheek. My lipstick was dry and disgusting. My hair was incredibly messy, it looked like a bird nest.

I changed into my pj's when I woke up at midnight. I cried myself to sleep when I went back to bed.

I took a warm shower, cleaning myself from disgust, and hoping to wash off the memories last night. Gosh I wish I good wash off my whole memory!

After I showered I changed into a white shirt with a design that had a duck, and some jogger pants.

I went downstairs with my shoulders low.

"Good to see you finally awake." My mom said with an annoyed face, she was cutting some carrots.

I sat down on the chair and began eating some toast.

"Look at you! It's like I don't feed you at all!" My mom gasp looking at my thin waist.

I rolled my eyes. Tired from my moms drama this early in the morning, wait it was 12 am.

After I ate breakfast/lunch I sat on the couch and sighed. I turned on the tv and watched some shows.

It's been a while since I did this.

"Maine don't you have work today?" My mom asked from the kitchen.

"It's Saturdayyyy."

It's been an hour of me watching shows. I was getting into it too, I could watch for several more hours.

"Oh no you don't." My mom hit my legs with a rolled up newspaper just as I was about to put my legs on the coffee table. "Look at this!" She threw the wrappers of chocolate that was on the table in a plastic bag.

"Thanks mom." I said by her cleaning my mess.

"Don't thanks me, you are not going to spend your day off like this. Do something productive Maine." She sighed. She turned off the tv and took the remote with her leaving the living room.

"Clean your mess!" She shouted.

I groaned, if I earn just enough money I am buying a tv and putting it in my room!

The rest of the day I was sleeping on my bed, I could feel the wind whipping past my face. Who opened the window?

Oh right, I did.

I opened my eyes. I really had nothing to do. Before I got this job all I do is sit on the couch and watch Anime, and The Simpsons and some other shows nothing else.

Now that I can't do any of that I have nothing to do.

That's when I got the idea to read stories online. I saw Melida doing this once, it was a surprising thing I found out about her.

An hour later I was so into the stories. I was reading this one about a girl who loves someone that she can never have and I was crying when the guy she likes got a girlfriend and the girl cried so hard she didn't know what to do for days.

That made me shut my phone and put it on my nightstand.

The story reminded me of Zach, someone I didn't want to be reminded off.

It reminded me of last night. Why did he kiss me? And why did he pretend that nothing happened? Was he disgusted of me?

I started to cry and I couldn't stop.

That's when I found out that I was still in love with him.