Chapter 7: Introductions

Brielle limped along side Jake as he guided her to the main room where everyone was waiting since Jake called an emergency meeting.

He turned a couple corners while his arm was still around Brielle's waist, ensuring she doesn't fall. Although, his grip was a little tight, so Brielle couldn't escape his hold.

They both heard chatter as they neared the main room, however, when they entered, all mouths stopped moving and every head turned in their direction. Everyone but Antonio and Andrew were curious as to who the girl was.

"Everyone," Jake's voice boomed, "I would like to introduce my girlfriend, Brielle, into the Mafia."

Brielle stared at Jake in fear when the word mafia came out of his mouth.

She didn't know that he was in the mafia. She just assumed that he was a scary, lonely man. Although, she now realizes that she should've known earlier that he was involved in something dangerous.

Everyone clapped and cheered when they heard the news. They never thought he would have a girlfriend.

"I expect all of you to show and treat her with respect. Treat her like you treat me! Nobody is allowed to touch a hair on her head, but me! Understood?" Jake's voice boomed.

There were numerous voices saying "yes sir" and "understood."

Jake then took Brielle to each member and introduced them.

"This is Antonio and this is Andrew," Jake said, pointing to each person.

"Nice to meet you," they both said.

Brielle didn't respond. All that went through her head was that she was in a room filled with criminals. They were all in the mafia.

Jake's grip on her waist got tighter once he realized that she didn't reply. Brielle winced and tried to move out of his grip.

"Introduce yourself," Jake gritted out, bending down to her ear.

"I-I'm B-Brielle," Jake's grip got tighter and Brielle's eyes teared up, "I-It's n-nice to m-meet you."

Antonio looked at Brielle in worry as he realized that Jake was causing her pain.

Brielle then noticed Antonio's beat up face. He had a black eye and many bruises. She was curious as to what happened to him, but she didn't ask.

Jake pulled Brielle to the next guy, but was interrupted by a voice.

"Where is my son?" the person's voice boomed.

Brielle didn't bother to find the source of the voice as her head was down and she was staring at the floor.

Brielle did notice, however, how Jake's body stiffened up and he stood taller.

"Over there sir."

The man nodded and hummed.

Everyone parted and made room for the man who was walking towards Jake.

Jake moved Brielle so she was standing behind him. His hand was latched onto her wrist like a leech, so she couldn't escape.

The man stopped walking when he was a couple feet away from Jake.

"Jake, my boy," he greeted.

"Father," Jake said, stiffly.

Brielle was even more frightened because she was about to meet his father against her will.

"So, what have you been up to?"

Everyone was still in the room and they were listening in on the conversation.