Chapter 21: A Lead

The search for Brielle was still on. It has been about a week now and Jake was freaking out. He was restless and jumpy as he didn't sleep at night. He has been up twenty four seven, searching for Brielle. John knew that his son was sleeping and he has tried talking some sense into him, but all efforts have fell upon deaf ears.

Jake's men are worried about their boss as they have never seen him the way he is now. They knew that the problem is serious and many of them have trying to find Brielle as well.

They didn't know where Brielle had been taken and they were getting really worried that they would never know.

John was the calmest of them all, having faith that they would find Brielle.

John knew that Brielle was taken. He knew that she was taken by the Russians. The Russians were cruel and ruthless. There was no telling what they would do to Brielle.

Jake hasn't been down into the secret room in his closet since the incident. He knew that he should go just to inspect the place and see if he can find anything, however, he can't bring himself to do it.

He did, however, send Antonio down there to see if he can find a lead. That was about thirty minutes ago.

Jake was busy looking at his computer, still trying to retrieve that footage.

Jake's head snapped up when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," his voice boomed.

The door was opened and in came Antonio, a big grin plastered on his face.

"Find anything?" Jake murmured, turning back to look at the screen that was in front of him.

Antonio shut the door and walked further into the room.

"Boss, I found something."

Jake immediately looked up and then looked at Antonio's hands. In his hands lay a pocket knife.

"Let me see," Jake demanded, his hand open for the knife.

"Gladly," Antonio replied, placing the closed pocket knife into his boss' awaiting hand.

Jake observed the knife, turning it around in his hand. Antonio was standing by him, waiting for him to say something, anything.

Jake stopped twirling the knife when he saw an engraving on the side.

It said, Русский, правая рука.

"Русский, правая рука," Jake repeated in a whisper.

Jake didn't speak Russian, so he turned to his computer and typed in the words for Google translate.

Jake froze when he read the words. Then an evil smirk spread across his face.

"Boss?" Antonio questioned, curious to know what it said.

"Hmm?" Jake hummed, staring down at the knife.

"W-what does it say?"

"The knife?"

"Yes."

"It says Russian, right hand man."

"Boss, we know who the right hand man of the Russians is, right?"

"Yes Antonio. We do," Jake said, looking up at Antonio with the same smirk plastered on his face.

"We got them boss! We got them!"

"Oh Martin," Jake tsked, "you are a dead man walking."

---

Antonio had left the room to gather all of Jake's men for a meeting.

Jake wished that his father was there with him, but he had his own business to take care of. Jake sighed and stood up, brushing off his suit and walking to the meeting room.

Jake walked in with the knife in his pocket and made his way to his seat at the head of the table. The meeting room was fairly large as Jake had made sure that every one of his men got a seat.

Jake cleared his throat to get the attention of everyone.

"Men, we have a lead on where Brielle is."

Everyone broke out into smiles and cheered.

"Antonio was kind enough to go down to the room where Brielle was taken and he searched for me. Antonio found a pocket knife that was dropped from the Russians. It was from the right hand man, Martin. We will track him down and find out where my beloved is."

Jake let silence take over the room to gauge the reactions of his men.

"I want the guards to stay at their posts, but I want everyone else to track down Martin. When you find him, I want you to come to me immediately. We will go from there."

"Dismissed," Jake said, standing up and leaving the room.

Now it was just a game of hide-and-seek.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was the chapter?

Are they going to find Martin?

Are they going to find Brielle?

How are you?

Don't forget to vote!

Bye my fellow Masqueraders

-Masquerade

Have a good day/night