Chapter 8: Escaping

Jake leads Brielle to the room she woke up in.

"Everything you need for the night is in here."

Brielle nodded.

Jake let Brielle go and she slowly walked into the room. She wanted to turn around and run out of the dangerous house she was currently residing in, however that wouldn't work with Jake's body blocking the exit. Not to mention the rest of the criminals in the house.

"The mafia, huh?" Brielle asked once she reached the middle of the room and stopped in her tracks. She stood facing Jake.

"The mafia," Jake confirmed.

"Who's the leader?"

"You're looking at him."

Brielle was not surprised that Jake was the leader as he was ordering everyone around. She did assume that Jake's dad was the leader.

"What about your dad?"

"What about him?" Jake stood in front of the doorway with his arms crossed.

"I-I thought he was the leader."

"He was."

Brielle nodded and turned her head to look around the room. An awkward silence settled in the empty space of the room.

"Get to bed."

Jake turned around and left the room, leaving Brielle alone.

She slowly trudged towards what she was hoping was the closet. She pulled open the doors and saw a closet filled with clothes. She walked in and checked the sizes. They were all her sizes.

She picked out some pajamas and walked towards the other door which led to the bathroom. She stepped in and decided to take a shower.

She closed and locked the door behind her. She grabbed an unopened toothbrush and toothpaste.

She turned on the shower more on the hot side and stepped in.

She sighed when the scorching water rolled off her back. It slowly relaxed her tense muscles.

She looked on the shelf and found some soap. They were coconut scented.

She started with the shampoo by pouring some into her hand. She rubbed her hands together and started to lather her hair. Once she was done, she rinsed her hair out.

She did the same thing with the conditioner, but this time she didn't wash it out.

She rubbed her body with the pomegranate scented body wash.

She then stepped under the spray of water and got rid of the soap.

Once she was done, she closed the water and grabbed the towel that she found in the shelf.

Once she stepped out of the shower, she dried her body down and put on her clothes.

She then brushed her teeth.

She exited the bathroom and made her way to the bed.

She wouldn't dare call it her bed. It wasn't her bed. Her bed was back home.

She climbed into the bed and closed the lamp.

It was dark.

She laid in bed and closed her eyes.

She desperately wanted to sleep and wake up from this nightmare.

But it wasn't something she could wake up from. She knew that. She thought about that as she laid there, staring at the ceiling.